Violent Assault leaves my Retro bike DEAD... what next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emoco":1y6jz7fd said:
I've learnt not to hesitate in these situations. If someone if coming to you quickly looking angry, it's important to adapt to the situation quickly. I'd suggest doing some martial art or self defense class.

Funnily enough I had exactly this conversation with my wife after some tw@t nearly knocked me off the bike again. It would be nice to know I could avoid any injuries if they went for me and then beat the crap out of them in my own self-defence. However, in the majority of cases drivers never stop and only act brave because they know they can drive off and can't be caught by somebody on a bike.

WOwzer interesting thread

Well here's my two pence

There's always two sides to every story. If this occurred in an Urban area then it's very likely that the incident or Vehicle was captured on CCTV. We in the UK have more Public CCTV Camera's than anywhere else in the world. Looks like a few offences have occurred by both sides, Road Traffic, Public Order and Assault.

By stopping and apologising right away may have been a better choice and indeed more courteous. We as cyclists must obey the Highway Code, we are quick enough to 'slag' other road users off when we are cut up, etc

Violence no matter how minor or serious is a big NO NO unless in self defence You can justify a pre-emptive strike but only if you can prove that you were in fear of imminent violence against you and had no alternative

'African male' is NOT Racist it is providing a description of an assailant.

Us Brits must realise that we ARE living in a violent society. In fact the most violent in the Western World per head of population. Serious assaults are on the increase just look at any of our Town, City Centres on Friday or Saturday nights. Alcohol fuelled Mayhem. This is a fact just look at recent Crime Statistic comparisons.

Retrobike is far better than VRC. But that's because we all drink Gin and Tonic and are far more civilised.............. :D

Personally, I really don't believe adi-66 committed any 'offence' at all. I'd even hesitate to call the clipping of the wing mirror an accident, -it's just nothing..
As for the idea that he should have made more effort to appologize, the minute he was confronted with such aggression, he was entitled to get away. Just look after yourself at this point.
Even if the guys conduct wasn't perfect, his treatment makes it completely pale in significance, -totally irrelevant in comparison.

To me this is simply an issue of a fella getting his lovely bike trashed. ...Oh yeah, ..and getting beaten up and almost run over too.

Just an idea. This is what somebody else did with a broken Xizang:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

IMG_1475.jpg

OrangeRetro":gqhkbk03 said:
What happened to all the mods on VRC.. Did they all get demoted for some reason.. I've been out of the loop.. whats been going on.. :|

(seeing as this thread lost its way ages ago....) The original mods stepped down for some reason, some new mods took over, it all went quiet, then all the cool bikes started vanishing (along with their respective owners/posters), now its like a school playground again which is a shame. To be honest it was probably better under the old guard, despite some anti-retrobike sentiment that rose to the top of the pile every now and again.
:?

utahdog2003":1k036tct said:
That picture makes me want to cry. :cry: I think a frame would need to be really, really broken for that to be the only use for it. :shock:

Poor Xizang. :cry:

Yes indeed. And to have belonged to someone else when a bike. TOO sad.
('tis dead cool though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back