truing / lacing a bike wheel advice

14 gauge then. Remember that threads are swaged not cut so they tend to get a big bigger. I'm about to strip down a wheel to steal the spokes for another build. This is why being able to wheel build is so useful. Shame the wheel being stripped is 32 spokes and the wheel to be built is 36. I just happen to have a few spares.

It is very useful and want to learn how to do it. cheers for that 14 gauge it is. I was measuring the thread rather than the spoke. Beginners mistake
I bet you have lots of spares about when you need them

Normally what I have isn't the right thing when I need it. This time I got lucky ish. But at 14 quid for 36 straight gauge halo spokes I'm never to worried about what's in the stock. Still a nice win when I do have it and get to build for free.

Se no reason why they wouldn't be. What's a mm between friends🤣

Are your 16mm ones alloy or brass, I have a recollection that older ones had a deeper head which has gone by the wayside with modern materials.

current ones are steel, I got a second hand old Weinman wheel locally from facebook marketplace to practice on.
no worries, will see what lbs has will pop in and see him tomorrow

what are these multi spoke tools like?

Or as an alternative:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I can lace a wheel quickly now but having a problem with spoke tension
I seem to run into problems when doing all the spokes up
They are all floppy and have been done up tight. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks guys
probably something really simple, all the spokes on a wheel the same length?

if they are done up "tight" and yet all floppy it seems like you have the wrong spokes. I say this because floppy and tight don't make sense. :)

pictures or better yet a video speak a thousand words.
I can lace a wheel quickly now but having a problem with spoke tension
I seem to run into problems when doing all the spokes up
They are all floppy and have been done up tight. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks guys
probably something really simple, all the spokes on a wheel the same length?

Beginners fail but will get there
The spokes are from the same wheel originally
I stripped it down and put it back together

Back