truing / lacing a bike wheel advice

But no one here is advising beginners to build a set of 16/20H titanium-spoked wonders.

There is no template in bricklaying as such.

The wheel and hub is the template. One can hardly go wrong there. And if a mistake is made during the lacing stage, simply re-lace it.🤨

Limits? Don't put an obese aggressive rider on the above combination.

I feel that some people are exaggerating this 'art' of wheelbuilding somewhat. As I said, you're better off treating it like any other work, charging for the labour as everyone else does (even artists), and that's the end of it. But stop discouraging (no, frightening) others from attempting their own wheel builds.

I'm not really a troll, I'm the Deore Lx of internet forums.

I derail threads, but I'm not amazing at it, that right there is Im "XTR" Lachs position in life.

Im sorry if my horse is a bit high, and i really dont mean any offence to anybody...

I just spend my entire career in engineering where you are expected to be highly skilled just to get minimum wage....so im defence of any skill.

Plus im worried about the skills shortage in the new kids....pressing a button to run a cnc program don't make you an engineer...it makes you a monkey.....but thats all they are now trained to do at college....but ,maybe that's all the employers want.....but hey. T.t.f. do i know 😂

Im sorry if my horse is a bit high, and i really dont mean any offence to anybody...

I just spend my entire career in engineering where you are expected to be highly skilled just to get minimum wage....so im defence of any skill.

Plus im worried about the skills shortage in the new kids....pressing a button to run a cnc program don't make you an engineer...it makes you a monkey.....but thats all they are now trained to do at college....but ,maybe that's all the employers want.....but hey. T.t.f. do i know 😂
More than many, but that's the problem with being an Engineer.

funny, they give the credit for mad to scientists, but nothing they do is possible without us, yet you never see a mad engineer try to take over the world.

Back