Today's Ride

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":euml1apx said:
Thankfully where we ride normally has a winter permafrost, so very little bogging. In fact most of Scotland's higher ground is a good bet in winter, especially maintained trails.

My hope is we can establish some accessible long routes with camping in the Monadhliath that will be operable in all but the most extreme conditions and allow people to enjoy true wild riding all year round, something I have enjoyed my whole life.

That sounds interesting.

Trail centres are usually best bets in this weather but I do prefer just riding from home. Saves half an hour each way driving to my nearest one (each way).

5 miles of bridleway on the dale with wifey and sprog today only. nearly got caught in the rain but found shelter along the way :) ill prob spin the legs on the turbo tonight.....

racing line

poo sticks.......i lost :(

fast for a 4 year old

someones having fun!!!!!!:)

Re:

What a cute kid, Longun. Today-Monday-After 4 years of drought, it seems like we are in a more historic weather pattern around here this winter, with rain storms starting to come in at a normal rate. Up to the West about 1000' today-about 60 F. and partly sunny...

Attachments

• Red Hill.jpg
    Red Hill.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 569
  • Tam today.jpg
    Tam today.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 569
Re:

Today-Thursday-After pounding rain last night, it cleared up this afternoon-mostly sunny and 60 F. - a climb up to the West to a local trail in the woods. The rain was just enough to tamp down the dust and give great grip-no mud yet :)

Attachments

• Perfect conditions.jpg
    Perfect conditions.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 521
  • Above Fairfax.jpg
    Above Fairfax.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 521
  • Fairfax Bike Pub.jpg
    Fairfax Bike Pub.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 521
This morning I did the Crabtree Cove trail around the north-east part of Stockton Lake, Missouri. It's a wide, well maintained crushed gravel track with occasional stretches of the old road that runs through the woods next to the Lake. A there and back again route with a couple of side loops - one of which is adjacent to the old flooded quarry.

I had the place to myself, the weather was balmy warm, and it was beautiful.

About 8 miles on that trail, 4 on an earlier one, a large plate of chicken/chips for lunch and time for a siesta. A good way to start the weekend.

Re:

Today-Friday-It rained again last night, and was dry and sunny for today's ride-trails are still grippy with no mud yet...

Attachments

• Finallly.jpg
    Finallly.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 497
  • Nice in the sun.jpg
    Nice in the sun.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 497
Re:

Only thing im riding today is a welder and panels for an xr2 :( good job is persisting it down and cold

Re:

Today-Saturday-We rode up about 900' into Tamarancho- then exited into the Open Space District and did the great descent down the Rollercoasters and ended up in the bottom of Cascade Canyon, right where Repack ends coming down another ridge. Really cool to see water in the creek- a good 2 feet deep on the splash through-warm enough for this time of year around here, about 58 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Creek crossing.jpg
    Creek crossing.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 470
  • Steep and Sketchy.jpg
    Steep and Sketchy.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 470
  • Safety meeting.jpg
    Safety meeting.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 470
  • Descending.jpg
    Descending.jpg