Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Saturday-Went with a different guy-Larry-up to the same area as yesterday. Being the weekend, lots more riders out and about. About 72 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Redwood Grove.jpg
    Redwood Grove.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 636
  • Larry.jpg
    Larry.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 636
Re:

Today-Tuesday- After a couple days off the bike, up 900' or so on one of my fav climbs to the West-Sunny, about 70 F. with a nice breeze. Sky Ranch is a horse ranch that occupies the top of the semi-bald hill in the middle of the pic...

Attachments

• Junction.jpg
    Junction.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 603
  • Sky Ranch.jpg
    Sky Ranch.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 603
Re:

Well, after a bit of tinkering, I finally got out to scratch my Endorphin itch

Despite the strong winds, and recent unsettled weather, I just had to do it.
So up we rolled, past the local favourite cafe :shock: yes, really, and on up to the ridgeline. To be welcomed my the headwind from hell!

Thankfully, we got some shelter as we slipped down the hill,

and through the village past where our regional Moderator lives,

into Angmering Park Estate,

Thankfully, the initial muddiness cleared to wet bridleways

and leaf covered tracks,

before a long headwind section along one of the roads there

Then had a gnarly, steepish downhill to encounter, ok as long as the front wheel doesn't surrender to the wet tree roots! Made it thankfully, swiftly followed by a drag back up the other side,

and then down the other side on a concrete road, to the village of Wepham. Back up - there's a pattern emerging here ! - onto open bridleways, here looking back towards Arundel, with the castle and cathedral on the horizon.

It really is there, :LOL: above the handlebars :roll:
Carried on along the chalky trails, thankfully now with some wind assistance! :cool:

And then, it happened! Riding down here,

trying to get in the gulley, when the front tucked in and I fell off :facepalm: :oops:
Bars banged into the top tube :shock: Thank goodness I don't have bar ends on this bike! A quick straightening of the bars, and I was away again !
The weather was threatening for the whole ride, whichever way I went

A bit further on, and I had to lean into the wind, just to stay upright ! Thankfully an easy trail to negotiate, as you can see

Then back down into the woods, and back to wet, slippery roots. Along the way, taking in this lovely view,

Then onto the leaf highway!

They really need to sort out some drainage along here, was like riding through a river with leaves on it. Occasionally making way for wheel-sucking mud! Ooooh.
Still, at least the have arranged to have a bike cleaning facility at the end!

:LOL: :LOL:
And then sadly, and muddy as a muddy thing, it was time to head home again, and admire the filth I'd gotten into!

The end

Mike

todays ride........wet!!!! didn't use brakes, just faced west and stopped!!! it was better once i was soaked, i didn't need to avoid puddles! :)

Re:

Great write up as always mate ! pretty slippery out there :LOL:
Hope you didnt scratch the paint after all that work .
Paul

Back