Today's Ride

September is the absolute best time to ride in Eastern Ontario. 28°, no humidity, things are still somewhat dry, and the leaves are changing. Did a fantastic 15km of trails with @anonymoususer and still somehow managed to find a Beer Store in the middle for fresh cold ones IMG_20240919_104812062.jpg IMG_20240919_122746041.jpg IMG_20240919_110454244.jpg IMG_20240919_120041681.jpg IMG_20240919_114518046.jpg
I was looking forward to some really rooty and rocky sections that I've been hiking before. They didn't disappoint, exactly as fun as I hoped. I was cackling with glee, didn't slow down for pictures there

What an evening for it yesterday. 15-16 degrees, steady ENE breeze, hazy blue skies and golden sunshine 👌

rjgPzY.jpg

3UH492.jpg

RCTOMi.jpg

Approach with caution...

Admittedly not the most scenic shot, but this is something I had to do – two MB Dronfield bikes, made in Dronfield, South Yorkshire, making it back to their birthplace. It's actually only about a 12 mile ride there taking a scenic route, but it did involve lending one of these bikes to my neighbour, who is thankfully exactly the right size for it.

IMG_3527.jpg

Last edited:
Seems at some point in the last week I've shattered the rear glass of my phone camera making everything appear washed out, so the best I can offer from yesterdays ride is a very boring glum picture of a pier.

UpWxCq5.jpg

Started off a lovely day then the fog and winds rolled in about an hour into my first 100k which wasn't ideal but it's always good to be out regardless of the weather. Finished a hair over 64 miles in 5h:18 with 2.7k ft of elevation. Not amazing metrics but for someone a month back into cycling and 3 weeks or so smoke free I'll take the victory.

Pictures are not from today (plz no ban :p) but I did do the same route today.
I don't take my phone out with me and don't really like to stop to take pictures but I love seeing pictures in this thread. I posted my dreaded cheap BSO Chinese generic E-bike a while back against this same bench. Well thank goodness that "bike" is now gone and I do the route on a real bike which I bought off here.

zaz1.jpeg

Went to the shops for tonight’s meal (baked ziti Carmela Soprano style for the humans, chicken casserole for the hounds - yes fresh chicken is now cheaper than dog food per kg 🤷‍♂️)
11kg shopping, 12 miles, 300m elevation.

IMG_1149.jpeg

Back