Today's Ride

I’ve had a busy few weeks away with work and have not been able to cycle for a while. Really missed the restorative effects that cycling has, so very pleased to get out for a few miles before dusk on Monday.
It may be July, but there’s still mud on the South Downs 😄
View attachment 870510
A hilly and humid 15 mile loop near Glatting Beacon. I have really missed the South Downs, it’s great to be back!View attachment 870514

View attachment 870515
That last photo is just fabulous. Boy do I miss the South Downs. Work has taken me to the Flatlands and I do wish that I still had decent trails running from my back door.

The moment when the engine noises, the honking horns and all the other sounds of the city slowly become quieter and quieter and all you can hear is the rolling sound of your own tyres and the chirping of the birds is simply amazing.
Good morning everyone, have a nice day and a nice weekend!
IMG_20240726_085743.jpg IMG_20240726_083937.jpg

Mostly roads today, I had planned to take something actually retro, my GT Edge as it was all tarmac on the planned route. That didn’t work out and was pleased I ended up on something I could take through the woods for the last couple of miles! I’m finding the bridleway/woodland/tracks type routes much more interesting than the road stuff.

IMG_4845.jpeg IMG_4847.jpeg IMG_4848.jpeg

I've seen a couple of posts on here recently featuring some nice Ribbles (@winjohn @vcballbat ) & it made me feel guilty that mines not seen tarmac for a few years.

Got it dusted off today & went for a spin around the lanes - I'd completely forgotten how nice it was to ride!

Couple of problems to sort out over the weekend: - front derailleur doesn't seem to want to shift to the smallest ring & there's a couple of spots of surface rust around the cable guides.

I need to find some touch up paint in canary yellow.

Attachments

• PXL_20240726_124437489.jpg
    PXL_20240726_124437489.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 16
Back