Today's Ride

Time to dust off the lights for the early morning rides. I wouldn't mind so much were it not for the fact that summer never arrived. Bar 2 weeks in June when it warmed up a bit, long, warm, even hot days and nights never materialised. An endless cycle of rain, dank, or solid grey days. Just when you'd have a nice sunny day, the next would be overcast. The wind direction has been all over the place.

This morning, grey, overcast, a chilly 12 degrees, NW breeze 10-12mph. My legs are still shattered from 4 days of standing up at the Malverns Classic, so I took it relatively easy around to Sennen, St Buryan and Sancreed. I've HONC on Sunday so I need to keep things sensible.

pQCt7X.jpg

bDuEn8.jpg

The ridge in the distance, the left hand side is over at Redruth so whilst it was overcast, the air was very clear.

A great ride as ever, feeling transitional with autumn well underway.

Time to dust off the lights for the early morning rides. I wouldn't mind so much were it not for the fact that summer never arrived. Bar 2 weeks in June when it warmed up a bit, long, warm, even hot days and nights never materialised. An endless cycle of rain, dank, or solid grey days. Just when you'd have a nice sunny day, the next would be overcast. The wind direction has been all over the place.

This morning, grey, overcast, a chilly 12 degrees, NW breeze 10-12mph. My legs are still shattered from 4 days of standing up at the Malverns Classic, so I took it relatively easy around to Sennen, St Buryan and Sancreed. I've HONC on Sunday so I need to keep things sensible.

pQCt7X.jpg

bDuEn8.jpg

The ridge in the distance, the left hand side is over at Redruth so whilst it was overcast, the air was very clear.

A great ride as ever, feeling transitional with autumn well underway.
Yep it felt autumnal in the forest at the weekend...transitional is a good word for it….

Spring took a bit of a step back today -- chilly wind out of the south. It calmed down a bit late afternoon so I headed out for a quick 30k on the road -- really just getting the miles in. And that cold did rather creep into the bones, especially when toiling into the wind. Glad to get home as darkness was falling.

IMG_1016.jpg

Still, 14 degrees, slightly less in the valleys. Some very low cloud, mostly broken higher cloud, glimpses of blue skies and sunshine. Damp after yesterdays wet, dank write-off. Absolutely autumn, cracking morning ride to kick off Friday.

TK0Ylh.jpg
Great reflection of road - the road to … out there ….

Back