Today's Ride

Today Ride....was a bit: S L A M !!
Lovely weather.
Riding partner a bit tired from Sweden.
Me a bit buzzy from the Alps.
Thetford.
Overnight rain...going = good.
Remember comments on here about not using a (worn) Hans D on the front.
No time to change.
Pump up tyres and spend too much time talking...
Set off...after 30 mins enter the twisty rooty rooty single track section....
Thinks...pressure in front rather too high...chalky slidey sections (green mould alert)....loam grippy...roots a bit......S L A M !!!!
Knee pads worked. Hit deck after sharp up and onto slick roots.
Body OK. Ego very bruised.

Oh well. Brush myself down, fiddle with pressures and off we go....Ah that's better....around 23 PSI on front.....grippy grippy

Attachments

• F4FC971A-DAF2-4941-9398-C919EF7C47E9.jpeg
    F4FC971A-DAF2-4941-9398-C919EF7C47E9.jpeg
    915.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Today Ride....was a bit: S L A M !!
Lovely weather.
Riding partner a bit tired from Sweden.
Me a bit buzzy from the Alps.
Thetford.
Overnight rain...going = good.
Remember comments on here about not using a (worn) Hans D on the front.
No time to change.
Pump up tyres and spend too much time talking...
Set off...after 30 mins enter the twisty rooty rooty single track section....
Thinks...pressure in front rather too high...chalky slidey sections (green mould alert)....loam grippy...roots a bit......S L A M !!!!
Knee pads worked. Hit deck after sharp up and onto slick roots.
Body OK. Ego very bruised.

Oh well. Brush myself down, fiddle with pressures and off we go....Ah that's better....around 23 PSI on front.....grippy grippy
When you fell off…

Did your hands get damp?

Quick lunchtime fire-road ride after three weeks away travelling (including an unpleasant bout of Delhi belly).
It's starting to feel a little like spring here at last, with temps at a pleasant 17C and gentle sunshine. Unfortunately also a stiff-ish 20kph wind from the north.

Finally resurrected my old GoPro before I went away and was playing with it as I rode. Unfortunately, what I thought was video mode was still photo mode, so instead of two heart-stopping vids of my descents, there are two rather banal pics -- one of which is too rubbish to share, and the other just passable despite the brake cables in shot. Will try alternative mounting positions in future. Any recommendations?

GPTempDownload.jpg

Last edited:
Back