Today's Ride

There's witchery about...3 days of riding in a row. Madness!

Stunning morning, barley a whiff of wind but it's from the NE so yes, those ROASTING summer temperatures are back again....12 to 13 degrees. Heavy dew so I was suitably caked, as was Bee, not long after taking a few glory snaps at Kenidjack "castle". The trails are great though, almost hero dirt, lots of grip even on the rocky sections. Not a soul about.

Cape Cornwall getting the first glimpse of morning sun:

toFDje.jpg

Looking back from whence I came:

HAaIpc.jpg

Short hike-a-bike for the money shot, a golden Bee ❤️‍🔥

EKtSUK.jpg
Great pics Al

Back on it this morning after yesterdays volunteering with the NT strimming at Carn Galver.

Thick patchy cloud, mist rolling in the valleys off the sea, quickly burning off, with glimpses of sunshine. SE breeze, 13-15 degrees depending on where you looked 🤣 Of course, this "settled" weather will disappear quickly with strong winds and more rain coming in...not from the Atlantic, but the SE. If you needed any more evidence of what's going on, the seals at Gweek are malting for winter, 2 months early.

Anyway, some shots on the scoot around Sancreed Beacon and Carn Brea.

sTU26r.jpg

zxixqZ.jpg

lSLnco.jpg

6vocsa.jpg

Back on it this morning after yesterdays volunteering with the NT strimming at Carn Galver.

Thick patchy cloud, mist rolling in the valleys off the sea, quickly burning off, with glimpses of sunshine. SE breeze, 13-15 degrees depending on where you looked 🤣 Of course, this "settled" weather will disappear quickly with strong winds and more rain coming in...not from the Atlantic, but the SE. If you needed any more evidence of what's going on, the seals at Gweek are malting for winter, 2 months early.

Anyway, some shots on the scoot around Sancreed Beacon and Carn Brea.

sTU26r.jpg

zxixqZ.jpg

lSLnco.jpg

6vocsa.jpg
Nice desc and photos. Very good to have the observations about wind direction anomaly and unseasonal things. Changes becoming very obvious in Alps, since we have closely observed same glaciers and locations for over two decades.

Yesterday's ride, but hey!? It was the last day of the hol's for me- back to the joys of FE today, so I wanted to get out.
Went all the way up the reser's to the top of the fourth where the Woodhead ends and the old, blocked up train tunnels begin.
Then came back to the top of the third pond and meandered my way back to home, stopping on the way to appreciate the ambience(!) occasionally. There's some lovely single-track around the west side of Bottoms Reservoir to finish off, and at one point I was waiting for an old gent and his family to come through on a narrow-ish path. He surprised me as he inched past:
'Nice bit of kit' he said!
'Thank-you' I breathed!
Anyway: for your delectation- The Further Adventures of Mokomoko!:D
1692635982355.jpeg
1692636016412.jpeg
1692636044632.jpeg
Cheeky top-shot!
1692636088053.jpeg
1692636148925.jpeg
At the beach!
1692636201771.jpeg
1692636279966.jpeg

Ride today on the RoadRat....
Was hard.
Into wind.
18km to work.
Ride home...
...was very latex-ey.
Spray all over rear triangle.
Spray all over the saddle.
Spray all over my arse.
But pressure in rear good.
Well done Stans.

My first longish ride after being knocked off a month ago along the Exe River trail from Exeter to Dawlish which is one of my favourite rides around here. I took the train to Exeter and after some window shopping made my way down to the quay and headed off along the canal and river, a ride I recommend if you are in the area. Including the ride down to my local station a total of around 30 miles.
I took my 1950 Raleigh Lenton restomod which was well suited to the task, when it is that flat 3 gears are plenty although those old plastic Brooks saddles are nowhere near as comfortable as a nicely worn in leather one.

IMG_2807 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2809 - Copy.JPG

Back