Today's Ride

today singlespeed again. :)

64d7caeb0ecbd133cb2d379a.jpg

64d7caebf604b820dcbab563.jpg

(hmmm, have to go back in an earlier hour to catch the shadow on the other side of to watch box)

64d7caf1ecc8a94798bed11c.jpg

64d7caeffa00963cd8a48b2c.jpg

Work, holidays, but most of all, dogshit weather has put a real damper on this seasons riding. I've done more running that ever so I'm notably ahead on the yearly goal of 1,023k.

That said, I got out early doors yesterday where no rain was forecast...and got soaked about 5 miles from home 🤣 The vibe from this picture sums up summer 2023 down here: a glimpse of blue sky, quickly shat on by cloud and mist.

fETMTP.jpg

The sun turned up an hour ago after another dull, grey, windy morning so fingers crossed for an after work jaunt 🤞

Work, holidays, but most of all, dogshit weather has put a real damper on this seasons riding. I've done more running that ever so I'm notably ahead on the yearly goal of 1,023k.

That said, I got out early doors yesterday where no rain was forecast...and got soaked about 5 miles from home 🤣 The vibe from this picture sums up summer 2023 down here: a glimpse of blue sky, quickly shat on by cloud and mist.

fETMTP.jpg

The sun turned up an hour ago after another dull, grey, windy morning so fingers crossed for an after work jaunt 🤞
Seems similar all over the UK . Shabby summer .

That said, I got out early doors yesterday where no rain was forecast...and got soaked about 5 miles from home 🤣 The vibe from this picture sums up summer 2023 down here: a glimpse of blue sky, quickly shat on by cloud and mist
Sounds like Canada as well lately. Had a week's holiday, and I got rained out four times. Here I thought we were killing the rain forests, it seems as though we turned the cooler places into one instead

Sunshine! Dryness! (still plenty of puddles, mind)! An extended loop around three (and a half-but back again) local reser's :D
Mokomoko continues to be a joy- especially on those rocky descents:cool:
Got my ankle nibbled by a terrier, but hey, dog's will be dogs. Had a nice chat with the owner and exchanged stories of terrier stupidity re. trying to attack passing vans and generally being a bit f#*king daft.
Felt great to be out in the sun and the breeze- not many people about and must've covered a good distance- shame summer's nearly over already:( First three pic's are from the farthest point/rest break. Other two from the dam at the top of the third pond:)

P1070941.JPG

P1070942.JPG

P1070943.JPG

P1070944.JPG

P1070945.JPG

It really is rather lovely around here when one gets off one's arse and ventures out:D

There's witchery about...3 days of riding in a row. Madness!

Stunning morning, barley a whiff of wind but it's from the NE so yes, those ROASTING summer temperatures are back again....12 to 13 degrees. Heavy dew so I was suitably caked, as was Bee, not long after taking a few glory snaps at Kenidjack "castle". The trails are great though, almost hero dirt, lots of grip even on the rocky sections. Not a soul about.

Cape Cornwall getting the first glimpse of morning sun:

toFDje.jpg

Looking back from whence I came:

HAaIpc.jpg

Short hike-a-bike for the money shot, a golden Bee ❤️‍🔥

EKtSUK.jpg

Back