Today's Ride

Your ride posts are like listening to the shipping forecast...but with pictures! Pleasant ✌️
Try local honey if the hayfevers getting to you!
Cheers!

If only that old wives tale worked for me because the honey around here is amazing. This years batches should come out in the next few months...

Cheers!

If only that old wives tale worked for me because the honey around here is amazing. This years batches should come out in the next few months...
It doesn't work for everyone tho and it's not an instant thing you need to dose up early in spring before the pesky pollen! Everything down that way is amazing....one day I'll live there ✌️

Bridgewater canal towpath ...

Wow ! what a day! Glorious, glorious weather.
An early (for me) start leaving at 9 with the idea of getting in a ride before it became too hot. Heading west From Worsley through Leigh and onto Abraham near Wigan. Up to Leigh, the majority of this towpath is tarmacked. once through Leigh it’s gravel which was super dusty due to the lack of rain. Passing an amazing former cotton mill I took a break from the towpath to have a proper look. originaly built in 1882 and recently converted into apartments, its kinda sad but better than demolition I suppose. The structure looks immaculate… how many new builds today will be standing in 140 years? Back on the towpath and on with the journey passing through Pennington flash country park and Pennington marina. Shortly we're at journey's end in this direction... the Dover lock inn ( sadly now closed and up for sale) at Abraham. A quick stop for 10 minutes to chill... in the shade and take in the atmosphere (bird song) time to head on back. Why does the return journey always seem half the distance?!

K4EKlYh.jpg

motocross track at canal side , Atherton...

Nw9uTaD.jpg

q9hp5kB.jpg

snack time ...

qZFm4Vv.jpg

Ey7yXtc.jpg

emergency dam gear still serviceable

1w9zKu6.jpg

mtk0kp2.jpg

ED3qw4E.jpg

B7UqEIK.jpg

OS7l9Sv.jpg

Built 1882

eai5Rl8.jpg

Last edited:
An early (for me) start leaving at 9 with the idea of getting in a ride before it became too hot. Heading west From Worsley through Leigh and onto Abraham near Wigan. Up to Leigh, the majority of this towpath is tarmacked. once through Leigh it’s gravel which was super dusty due to the lack of rain. Passing an amazing former cotton mill I took a break from the towpath to have a proper look. originaly built in 1882 and recently converted into apartments, its kinda sad but better than demolition I suppose. The structure looks immaculate… how many new builds today will be standing in 140 years? Back on the towpath and on with the journey passing through Pennington flash country park and Pennington marina. Shortly we're at journey's end in this direction... the Dover lock inn ( sadly now closed and up for sale) at Abraham. A quick stop for 10 minutes to chill... in the shade and take in the atmosphere (bird song) time to head on back. Why does the return journey always seem half the distance?!

K4EKlYh.jpg

motocross track at canal side , Atherton...

Nw9uTaD.jpg

q9hp5kB.jpg

snack time ...

qZFm4Vv.jpg

Ey7yXtc.jpg

emergency dam gear still serviceable

1w9zKu6.jpg

csAujFy.jpg

ED3qw4E.jpg

B7UqEIK.jpg

OS7l9Sv.jpg

Built 1882

eai5Rl8.jpg

Looks a great ride, some interesting sights and nice photos :cool:

Reactions: enc
Bridgewater canal towpath ...

Pennington flash country park ...

Absolutely stunning pictures as always. You've got a real knack for photography mate.

Reactions: enc
Yesterday's ride to be correct. Sunset at Land's End......

View attachment 638008
That's just up from where I proposed, luckily she said yes 🥰

Grey, overcast high cloud, SW breeze so not too chilly for once. A solid, mild 13 degrees, breaks in the cloud near the end of the ride. Got a nice amount of miles in this week so had a shorter but more hilly route. I zip through Morvah a lot and thought I'd sneak in to see what's there. Nowt apart from a church and a few houses :LOL:

mNtMPs.jpg

Back