Today's Ride

Insert random cultural reference here.

Go on to make glib or fatuous remark.

Attempt to pass sincere social comment, whilst instead demonstrating derivative populist ignorance.

Talk about the weather

Attach photo

Screenshot_20210809-211519_Gallery.jpg Rinse and repeat

Insert random cultural reference here.

Go on to make glib or fatuous remark.

Attempt to pass sincere social comment, whilst instead demonstrating derivative populist ignorance.

Talk about the weather

Attach photo

View attachment 561975Rinse and repeat
Reminds me of Jean Baudrillard on hyperreality! ;) (Not random, really. Whatever 'really' means? Highbrow cultural reference, though, just for brownie points or to piss people off—whichever way the cookie crumbles.)

And that great idea of his: 'Powdered water: just add water to make water.'

[Insert sincere social comment here.]

Weather looks nice.

(Honestly, it looks a damn sight better than the 10+ hours in front of a laptop that I've done today.)

Slight chill in the mild air, 14 degrees, rising to 16 in the sun, isolated horizontal showers that needed a quick jacket application. A few blue sky patches in-between the fast moving cloud. Surprisingly fairly still.

Took in the "usual" route around the southern tip towards Mousehole but took a different side route out of St Buryan which included a tidy decent to the junction to Lamorna. It skips out the valleys before then so it's a decent alternative if the legs fancy a different route. Instead of turning left at Sancreed for the beacon I stayed on the road at Sellan before re-joining the road to Grumbla where I stopped to apply said jacket as I saw the rain coming from the left off the Atlantic. I looked backward for once and was surprised to see the view all the way back to the bay. Onwards, I managed to skirt around the shower before home. A relatively easy 22 miles.

DNFrE6.jpg

TORoSK.jpg

Slight chill in the mild air, 14 degrees, rising to 16 in the sun, isolated horizontal showers that needed a quick jacket application. A few blue sky patches in-between the fast moving cloud. Surprisingly fairly still.

Took in the "usual" route around the southern tip towards Mousehole but took a different side route out of St Buryan which included a tidy decent to the junction to Lamorna. It skips out the valleys before then so it's a decent alternative if the legs fancy a different route. Instead of turning left at Sancreed for the beacon I stayed on the road at Sellan before re-joining the road to Grumbla where I stopped to apply said jacket as I saw the rain coming from the left off the Atlantic. I looked backward for once and was surprised to see the view all the way back to the bay. Onwards, I managed to skirt around the shower before home. A relatively easy 22 miles.

DNFrE6.jpg

TORoSK.jpg

Not so much as a rain drop here so far today Al! Fact of the day: we had a cat named Sellan, from Sellan Farm :LOL:

Had a day off so planned a small round trip, mainly road miles but some lovely views and lots of hills. From York to castle Howard....lots of ups and fast downs

IMG_20210809_121651.jpg

Weather forecast was good but cloudy, small showers but some sun too

IMG_20210809_122749.jpg

To be fair, I'm unfit and needed rest.... searching small villages for pubs on a Monday proved unsuccessful, headed over terrington way and hit the rolling landscape of the howardian hills.... Beautiful views
IMG_20210809_125730.jpg

Back through crayke (pub closed) and through to huby and then York station for a pint at the tap....

IMG_20210809_161104.jpg

Needed that!

Just under 46 miles, strava tells me elevation gain of 1672ft.

Good practice for hawes tomorrow 😬

Mild 14 rising to 15 at 08:00, stiff easterly breeze, overcast with very light horizontal misty rain on the top of the hills.

An odds and sod route combining previously articulated routes but with a few off-shoots, namely down to our second home in the bay. Kudos to the folks in the water although it does look very warm.

qzK0Ji.jpg

u4XME3.jpg

1y4KnO.jpg

On a side route off the usual Sancreed road I headed back towards Newbridge just to see what the lane was like before joining up with the A3071.

fYCnll.jpg

Another solid 25 miles.

The water isn't too bad right now @al-onestare. Been in a few times the past couple weeks

Overcast, low cloud, mizzle on the hills with low visibility in spots. Deceptive easterly breeze, 13 degrees barely getting to 14 by 08:30. Where the funk is summer?

Took in the 30 miler route but in the other way around including some cheeky 12-15% bursts on the way out of Madron, New Mill (and Break Your Neck Lane), Chysauster and Nancledra. Pretty quiet out as well, just a handful of grockles.

This is from almost the top of the climb out of Zennor / climb out of junction to Towednack (highest point on the ride at about 620ft) depending on which way you're going on the B3306. On the one side, damp and low cloud, on the other, the edge of blue skies and golden sunshine.

riWjsG.jpg

yRXxLg.jpg

Looking from where I came. Love that climb!

WFRdQK.jpg

A rest day tomorrow as, weather permitting, I'll be on a group ride off the tarmac, on the brown stuff :)

Back