Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Monday-Just got back from a 6 day trip to Lake Tahoe in the Sierra's. 5 rides and a great time! I drove up on Wednesday morning, and got in a ride along the Truckee River that afternoon. At the beach later, some guys came flying up on a Hovercraft that seats 5-6, goes 70 MPH, Uses a WRX motor, and costs $200K. Another ride on Thursday along the West Shore, then the Big Ride of the trip- Tunnel Creek Trail ride along the crest of the Mountains above the East Shore on Friday- It starts on Mt. Rose at 8400' and goes up and down over 9000' until the Big Descent back down to the Lake at 6200'. Sunday I went to my Favorite beach at Tahoe-Whale Rock Beach, named after it's iconic rock. It's a 2 mile descent to the beach, so we rode to it with beach gear on backpacks-the climb back out was tough with a 35 pound backpack, but the great day at the beach was worth it! Today I drove back home to Marin...

Attachments

• Wednesday,1st ride on the river.jpg
    Wednesday,1st ride on the river.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Jet Ski Tow.jpg
    Jet Ski Tow.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Hovercraft.jpg
    Hovercraft.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 340
  • Onto the Beach.jpg
    Onto the Beach.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 340
  • Tunnel Creek, Day 3.jpg
    Tunnel Creek, Day 3.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Tunnel Creek Trail climbing.jpg
    Tunnel Creek Trail climbing.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 340
  • Tahoe from 9000'.jpg
    Tahoe from 9000'.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 340
  • Looking down 6000' above the Desert.jpg
    Looking down 6000' above the Desert.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 340
Re:

Some more from Whale Rock Beach yesterday...

Attachments

• Tahoe Boating.jpg
    Tahoe Boating.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Whale Rock Beach.jpg
    Whale Rock Beach.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 338
  • Whale Rock.jpg
    Whale Rock.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Tunnel Creek Trail 9200'.jpg
    Tunnel Creek Trail 9200'.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 322
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Back home in Fairfax, we rode up to the West of town and climbed about 900'-much easier than at 6-9000' at Tahoe! Cool today, about 65 F.- almost feels like an early Fall day...

Attachments

• Larry.jpg
    Larry.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 280
Re:

Today-Friday- Nice out, about 80 F. with a breeze. I stopped by the Museum downtown at the start of the ride, to ask JB a question. He was giving a guided tour to a group of Italian Mtb. riders whose club name is "Raccoon Riders". Joe was showing them a map on how to get to Tamarancho, and since that's where I was heading, I showed them the way-Fun climb, but I couldn't understand a word they were saying :LOL: ...

Attachments

• Raccoon Riders.jpg
    Raccoon Riders.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 254
Re:

Today-Saturday-We rode up to the Lakes and back, and ended up in my favorite bike-centric pub here in good old Fairfax- the Gestalt House-good food, good beer, and you bring your bike in and hang it on the wall... :cool:

Attachments

• Window Decorations.jpg
    Window Decorations.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Gestalt House.jpg
    Gestalt House.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 237
Re:

Today-Monday-A warm 82 F. sunny day-perfect for a ride up to Tamarancho for a little trail ride...

Attachments

• Into the Rabbit Hole.jpg
    Into the Rabbit Hole.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 225
Re:

Today-Wednesday-About 80 F. before 11 AM, going to reach 92 F. later, so up Iron Springs Road to the Scout Camp for a good climb before it gets too hot! The sky has a real summer haze, can hardly see the Bay from up high...

Attachments

• A Frame shelter.jpg
    A Frame shelter.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Long dry grass.jpg
    Long dry grass.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Hazy Day.jpg
    Hazy Day.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 208
Re:

Today-Friday-Still summer out, about 80 F. and sunny. Up to the West of town into the hills about 1000' up...

Attachments

• View from the Top.jpg
    View from the Top.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 193
Re:

Today-Saturday-We rode up to the West of town-lots of riders out, 75 F.-perfect riding weather...

Attachments

• Trailhead.jpg
    Trailhead.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 185
Back