Today's Ride

Re:

It's good to see all you guys out enjoying riding! Today-Monday-80 F. and sunny. A nice 800' climb up to the OG Trail today...

Attachments

• OG Trail.jpg
    OG Trail.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 383
Re:

Today-Tuesday-Another 80 F. day. Up 900' or so to the West of town today...

Attachments

• Looking East.jpg
    Looking East.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 363
Re:

Grafham Water today. The Barracuda finally fits him after it hanging in the garage for 2 1/2 years waiting for him to grow up, so he put it through it's paces :cool:

28613388280_17eefbcaf4_b.jpg

28822992491_8a08d0f9c1_b.jpg

FairfaxPat":2acahpdh said:
26er":2acahpdh said:
That's a damn cool hat there... next time you meet Gary could you ask if that story about the trailer and the anvil is a true one or maybe he got his own version you could post here?
The story goes-BITD Gary rode his Klunker over to Joe Breeze's house in Mill Valley, towing a bike trailer. Joe gave him an anvil for Gary and CK's shop. He loaded the anvil in the trailer and rode back to Fairfax with it. There is one good hill between Mill Valley and here-the Corte Madera Grade, about 450' climb and a mile on each side. Gary was riding up it almost to the top when he caught up with a guy on a road bike. He put it in Devil Gear Mode and blasted past the guy just before the crest of the hill and disappeared down and away. Gary said as he steamed by the guy was offering up excuses- "It's a new bike" "My first ride on it" :)
So that's a true story then. Wasn't sure, but now I am.
Damn cool. Thanks for askin Gary :D

Re:

Today-Thursday-Hot out, about 88 F. Up onto Pine Mtn. today, not all the way up, but about 1250' of it...

Attachments

• East Bay view.jpg
    East Bay view.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 328
  • On Pine Mtn..jpg
    On Pine Mtn..jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 328
Re:

Today-Friday-Hot out, about 88 F. I met up with 5 friends at the dam by Phoenix Lake. When we hit the climb up Eldridge, I just cruised on up to where we usually stop for a break at about 700' up. They went another way, as it turned out, so I continued up to the last turnoff to the Lakes at about 1000' and descended down past Lake Lagunitas and Bon Tempe Lakes to home...

Attachments

• Lake Lagunitas.jpg
    Lake Lagunitas.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Stairs at Lake Lagunitas Dam.jpg
    Stairs at Lake Lagunitas Dam.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Sign's getting old.jpg
    Sign's getting old.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 310
  • View from Eldridge Grade.jpg
    View from Eldridge Grade.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Waiting for the guys.jpg
    Waiting for the guys.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 310
Re:

Not been out for a week as I've been tenting with Mrs HM and the hounds. Got out on my latest today though.Lovely smooth ride. Pleasant weather, little wind. Winchcombe to Stanway to Hailes and home.

Re:

Today-Monday-88 F. and sunny. We rode to the town of Ross, then up into the Lakes District, past Phoenix Lake, and Lake Bon Tempe. We rode up Fish Gulch, which is one of the toughest climbs around here- about 12 1/2 minutes of non stop effort, then a level spot and up another really steep part to the Lake...

Attachments

• Bon Tempe.jpg
    Bon Tempe.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Top of fish gulch.jpg
    Top of fish gulch.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 260
Re:

Today-Wednesday-85 F. and pleasant out. Up to the West of town today, about 900' climb...

Attachments

• Descending.jpg
    Descending.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Alchemist trailhead.jpg
    Alchemist trailhead.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 208

Latest posts

Back