Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Friday-A warm 82 F.- we rode up across the Magic bridge to the Lakes part way up Tam...

Attachments

• Alpine Lake.jpg
    Alpine Lake.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 547
  • By the Lake.jpg
    By the Lake.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 547
  • Resting.jpg
    Resting.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 547
  • Warren.jpg
    Warren.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 547
  • Larry.jpg
    Larry.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 547
  • Into the dirt.jpg
    Into the dirt.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 547
Re:

Today-Sunday-Can't believe we even went out, but we did- 92 F. ( 36 C. ) here this afternoon. We rode the most shady climb up to the West about 900'...

Attachments

• Hot out.jpg
    Hot out.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 528
26er":2lmrh3xw said:
That's a damn cool hat there... next time you meet Gary could you ask if that story about the trailer and the anvil is a true one or maybe he got his own version you could post here?

The story goes-BITD Gary rode his Klunker over to Joe Breeze's house in Mill Valley, towing a bike trailer. Joe gave him an anvil for Gary and CK's shop. He loaded the anvil in the trailer and rode back to Fairfax with it. There is one good hill between Mill Valley and here-the Corte Madera Grade, about 450' climb and a mile on each side. Gary was riding up it almost to the top when he caught up with a guy on a road bike. He put it in Devil Gear Mode and blasted past the guy just before the crest of the hill and disappeared down and away. Gary said as he steamed by the guy was offering up excuses- "It's a new bike" "My first ride on it" :)
:D

Re:

Today-Tuesday-Rode the same climb as two days ago, but it was only 80 F. when I started late this morning, instead of 92 F. -amazing how much better I felt at the top today in cooler conditions. Of course, the day continued to heat up, and it was 88 F. when I got home, about an hour later...

Attachments

• Broken Dam trail.jpg
    Broken Dam trail.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 387
Re:

Beautiful pic there, RadNomad...Today-Thursday-Hot, 94 F. - 35 C. here today. A ride down to the Bay, where it was a little cooler, to visit my Jag-getting new wiring loom now...

Attachments

• wiring time.jpg
    wiring time.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 357
  • on the overpass.jpg
    on the overpass.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Curlicue overpass.jpg
    Curlicue overpass.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 357
Re:

Today-Friday-Out early to avoid the heat, about 80 F. at 11 AM. Up to the West of town today for a 900' climb to the woods...

Attachments

• shady downhill.jpg
    shady downhill.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 328
  • stairs in the woods.jpg
    stairs in the woods.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Bay in background.jpg
    Bay in background.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 328
Re:

Got back today from a five day solo tour. A few pics. Will write it upon another thread once the dust has settled. :)

Re:

Looks like a nice trip you had, THM- So I guess your heart is fine now and your fitness is pretty much back? Today-Saturday-way cooler than yesterday, 80 F. and sunny. Four of us rode up the steepest way to the Council Rocks and back, about 900' climb...

Attachments

• Tamarancho.jpg
    Tamarancho.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 300
  • In the shade.jpg
    In the shade.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Council Rocks view.jpg
    Council Rocks view.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 300

Latest posts

Back