Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Thursday-cooler, about 68 F. and hazy out by the Bay, but perfect for climbing here in Fairfax-about 800' up today...

Attachments

• Hazy Bay.jpg
    Hazy Bay.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 520
Oh, what a day. Started out with Woz blowing his gaskets bc of a broken pump bracket, which he of course had to remove b4 we could even get going. Later got chased by a bunch of cows coming at full speed Pamplona style and finally full stop with a beer can stuck to my front wheel... :facepalm:

A very nice ride indeed!

:D

Attachments

• full stop.JPG
    full stop.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 507
  • pamplona.JPG
    pamplona.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 505
  • paysage.JPG
    paysage.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 505
  • alfa romeo.JPG
    alfa romeo.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 507
  • removing pump bracket.JPG
    removing pump bracket.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 507
Re:

Today-Sunday-Lovely backside shot of Woz :roll: I would think your fender would shed that can, but I guess not. All that and the bulls chasing you did indeed make for an interesting ride, I'm sure, 26er. I had a nice hard climb up 900' to the West of town for my day-breezy and about 78 F. up high...

Attachments

• At the drinking fountain.jpg
    At the drinking fountain.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 487
Re:

Today-Monday-About 80 F. and sunny, with a breeze from the Bay, so I did a flat lap through San Rafael and the bike path through the old Railroad Tunnel. On the south side was the new bridge over Sir Francis Drake Blvd. that I haven't ridden over until today-a major improvement over the cars and street below. They took a long time building this thing, and spent a lot of money on it. It replaces the old Rail Trestle that Clint Eastwood jumped from onto the school bus full of kidnapped kids in "Dirty Harry", if you have ever seen the movie. About 18 spinning miles today...

Attachments

• On the bridge.jpg
    On the bridge.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 475
  • Approaching the bridge.jpg
    Approaching the bridge.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 475
Re:

Today-Tuesday-Warm, about 80 F. and sunny here. After a long, flat spinning ride yesterday I changed it up with a short climb up the steepest street in Fairfax to about 800' up. If you ever make it out here to ride with me, I'll show it to you...

Attachments

• Red Hill and the Bay.jpg
    Red Hill and the Bay.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 462
  • Model A Ford.jpg
    Model A Ford.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Local cactus.jpg
    Local cactus.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 462
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Much hotter today, about 87 F. and no wind-So I rode the climb up to Tamarancho on Iron Springs road-about 800' up and shady about 60 % of the way, which made the climb much more bearable, but I was still sweaty toast at the top...

Attachments

• Tam.jpg
    Tam.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 439
  • In the shade at the top.jpg
    In the shade at the top.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 439
Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":dit1611n said:
Lovely backside shot of Woz :roll: I would think your fender would shed that can, but I guess not.
No, instead the can pushed the fender into the tire so I had to jam on the brakes to avoid having to replace the fender... which has happened b4.

:facepalm:

Today another ride with Woz out to the spider and the endless bridge. We got passed by the peloton going up a short incline. Had to stop for a banana after that to re-think our tactics...

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Attachments

• banana stop.JPG
    banana stop.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 418
  • vitesse.JPG
    vitesse.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 418
  • peloton.JPG
    peloton.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 418
  • endless bridge.JPG
    endless bridge.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 418
  • the spider.JPG
    the spider.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 418
Re:

Been away for a few days in Wales.

Sadly, not too many bridleways in the area, but nice, singe lane, country lanes with steep slopes to make up for it.

Before the first ride, in the gardan of the house we were staying at,

IMG_0399 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Down the 1 in 5 road from the house, there was a ford,

IMG_0402 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Looks ok there, but it was fast flowing. due to overnight rain, so I didn't take a chance. Back up the hill, and found another way, thanks to the map. Which then took me to another one,

IMG_0401 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Think I might clear this one! :LOL: :LOL:

Then onward, across a road, and onto what Welsh people call a bridleway. At one point, a stinging nettle brushed my ear! It was that bad. There were also no bridleway signs in the area I rode in. Strange :? They WERE there though! :LOL:

IMG_0414 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Yes, really! :facepalm: It did clear for a few metres to be fair. Before ending! :evil: However, I could see the top of the hill through the trees. Knowing there was a road at the top - if I read the map right - I shouldered the bike, through wilderness, over a fence, putting my foot straight into thick, soft mud, totally sucking in my shoe! :oops: :LOL:

Quickly out, before it browned my sock, and onto a track, up to the road. Continued along a few of these lovely quiet roads, taking in the scenery.

IMG_0415 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Before heading back to the house, quick long distance photo of it, from the other side of the valley.

IMG_0403 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

The little one near the top, centre of photo.

Time to clean the bike,

IMG_0404 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Looking back towards where the last shot was taken from.

Was lucky with the weather for my rides, we had a fair bit of rain for the four days we were there

Mike

Re:

Geez Mike, that bridleway looks like the jungle. Today-Friday-cooler, about 80 F. A ride up into the hills west of town...

Attachments

• Above Fairfax.jpg
    Above Fairfax.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 389
  • On the climb.jpg
    On the climb.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 389
Re:

It was a challenge Pat!

Hoping there wasn't any tricky roots too, couldn't see tbh. There was a sheer drop to the left further up though! :shock:

Looking forward to drier trails again, like you seem to enjoy! :cool:

Mike

Latest posts

Back