Today's Ride

Re:

Yeah,second that thought-Way too cool for me, that's one of the reason why I live here :) 82 F. and sunny Today-Monday- It's a Holiday here in the US today, so we ran into a lot of people out and about when we first went into the woods. But as soon as we started climbing and got further up in elevation and away from road access, the numbers dropped dramatically, as always.We rode across the Magic Bridge up by the lakes and stopped for a break just past there, where I snapped my front derailleur cable. Oh well, stuff happens, and we were already at the top, so an easy descent back home...

Attachments

• Pat, CK, Warren, Larry.jpg
    Pat, CK, Warren, Larry.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 357
  • Magic Bridge.jpg
    Magic Bridge.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 357
  • CK, Warren, Larry.jpg
    CK, Warren, Larry.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 357
I'm in the Bay Area in August, hopefully get out to Fairfax and the museum. Anywhere you recommend to buy a second hand bike?

xxnick1975":2lqnn607 said:
I'm in the Bay Area in August, hopefully get out to Fairfax and the museum. Anywhere you recommend to buy a second hand bike?
What kind of bike are you looking for? An old collector's bike, or a more modern one? Road or mountain? Price range? If you just want to go for some Mtb rides around here, I can probably round up a free loaner for you to ride while you are here-we'll show you around our neighborhood...Pat

Re:

That's very kind of you. Was thinking about an old cheap mtb, nothing special, to go round with the kids etc (little kids - need to get a trailer), which i could basically give away at the end when we head home. We are there for a month so figured buying something cheap would work out better than renting.

We are staying in SF, but given we have a bit of time should be able to get out of the city, especially on the weekends

(Separately - if I were to happened across something really nice then i might take the opportunity!)

Re:

We have a used bike store here in San Rafael called "Trips for Kids" that sell used bikes and parts that they get donated to help for their charity. They have lots of bikes of all kinds, and the prices are fairly inexpensive. I will hook you up with them when you get here-just PM me ahead of time. Today-Tuesday-Out early before it gets hot, about 82 F. at 10 this morning. Up about 1100' into the Lakes District...

Attachments

• Alpine Lake.jpg
    Alpine Lake.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 253
  • At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 253

Attachments

• 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 240
  • swamp.jpg
    swamp.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 240
  • not sure.jpg
    not sure.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 240
  • endless bridge.jpg
    endless bridge.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 240
  • death valley.jpg
    death valley.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 240
  • pines n lake.jpg
    pines n lake.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 240
Re:

Guided tour yesterday. 21 miles and 1800 ft showing some of the local sites to a friend.

Spooky Hollow.....

Re:

Today-Wednesday= It's still hot here, about 87 F. and sunny, but looking towards the Bay about 8 miles away, the fog is in. I rode back up to the West today, a straight 1000' climb...

Attachments

• Foggy Bay.jpg
    Foggy Bay.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Hot at the top.jpg
    Hot at the top.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 173
Back