Today's Ride

Saturday's exploration on A'ha. This one shot at Scadbury got some likes on the Mint Sauce page :)

JG0f61.jpg

al-onestare":fgvowify said:
Saturday's exploration on A'ha. This one shot at Scadbury got some likes on the Mint Sauce page :)

Wow, I haven't been to Scadbury in years! I used to work at Crittalls corner in the late-80s, so very close. Nice pic. Gearing looks a bit fierce for uphills!

Re:

Cool bike, Al-like the paint job. One speeds don't work very good around here with all the steepness we have, although I see a few now and then. :) Today-Monday-About 68 F. and sunny out. Up the usual 900' or so to the Scout Camp trails today...

Attachments

• Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Nice out today.jpg
    Nice out today.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 300
Re:

Today-Tuesday- Rode with big Warren up into the Lakes District-really windy, but warm enough at 68 F...

Attachments

• Tam .jpg
    Tam .jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Warren.jpg
    Warren.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 285
  • White's Hill.jpg
    White's Hill.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 285
Re:

Today-Thursday- Warmer, about 78 F. this afternoon- so we headed up the steepest hill to the Open space district above town-starting to get really dry out up high. Interesting side note here- On last Tuesday when I was descending down Iron Springs fire road, about halfway down I heard a strange, thwap thwap thwapping sound coming from the bike. I stopped and spun the front wheel-nothing-then I spun the back wheel and heard it immediately. Then I spotted a fairly thick wire about 3 inches long, with a loop on the end sticking out of the center of the tread. So I stupidly pulled it out :facepalm: Only to hear the sound of hissing death... I jumped on with the thought to maybe get to the bottom of the hill before it went totally flat. Well, I got all the way home and the tire felt great- the Stan's sealant ( I run tubeless) did it's job and I still haven't had to add any air yet after two more rides...

Attachments

• Top of the climb.jpg
    Top of the climb.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Getting dry up high.jpg
    Getting dry up high.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 262
Re:

Today-Saturday-Pretty warm out, about 88 F. ( 32 C. ) so we rode up the shady way about 900' above town to a fav trail...

Attachments

• At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Goldman Trail.jpg
    Goldman Trail.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 222
Unlike sunny California in the Kingdom of Ice there's nothing but the ice.

Kinda funny we pay 4 USD/gallon just in taxes (gas not included) but get nothing of this "global :LOL: warming". Calling it "global" is a total joke.

Attachments

• dying.JPG
    dying.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 195
  • skaters.JPG
    skaters.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 195
  • iced boats.JPG
    iced boats.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 195
  • bikelane.JPG
    bikelane.JPG