Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Monday-Sunny, about 70 F. I went up to Tamarancho and rode trails today. Dick010-a cute little boy you have-good to see you starting him young. Retro Spud - I know a number of Brits that live around here, there's even a pub in San Rafael called the Mayflower run by expats. Cost of living here is extremely high because of Real Estate prices, though-if I hadn't grown up here I might not be living here...

Attachments

• SF Bay.jpg
    SF Bay.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 439
  • Trail Junction.jpg
    Trail Junction.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 439
  • Climbing.jpg
    Climbing.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 439
Re:

Today-Tuesday-We are in for 2 day of heat here, beginning today when it is about 84 F. (28 C.) and hotter tomorrow. So we rode up Tam to a nice cool spot deep in the woods. On the way up, right at the top of the first steep climb, I almost ran over a young rattlesnake stretched across the fire road we were climbing, my buddy Warren didn't even notice it as he rode by it with me hollering- Rattlesnake!- then he got it and stopped... :)

Attachments

• Cool spot.jpg
    Cool spot.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Morning Glory.jpg
    Morning Glory.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Rattlesnake.jpg
    Rattlesnake.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 398
With that snake it sure looks like Fairfax got almost all the attributes of Paradise.
Now, where's Eve?

26er":1hovx2f6 said:
With that snake it sure looks like Fairfax got almost all the attributes of Paradise.
Now, where's Eve?
If she is out there then I'm sure Pat will find her with his 'go everywhere' NorCal riding. Makes me guilty that Pat faffs around on bicycles more than I do - damn you 9x5 job.

As a consolation, I did make it to Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz once though. Next time I'll have to get to Pat's land o' maximum bikage :cool:

Re:

Today-Thursday-It's too bad about the weather :) - It cooled down to a pleasant 70 F. for today's ride to the West of town about 900' up. Then down to town, where I filled in for Joe Breeze at the bike museum for a few hour this afternoon with Charlie Kelly. Met a few interesting folks that I showed around the place, including one guy from Mexico and a man and his sons from France. Took a shot of just one of the cool bikes in the museum for you to see- Jimmy Deaton's early 90's Yeti downhill bike-check out that front chainring...

Attachments

• Big Ring.jpg
    Big Ring.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 337
  • View from 900' today.jpg
    View from 900' today.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 337
Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":10u8sv4b said:
Jimmy Deaton's early 90's Yeti downhill bike-check out that front chainring...

Yep, love those pizza sized Paragon Machine Works chainrings. From an era when DH didn't mean 10" of travel and disc brakes.

I'd like to see (and hear!) it shift to the small ring, and then back up on the big ring again. Wonder what size BB they used to clear the DS chainstay... unless that's one of those asymmetrical.

26er":3n3g5txd said:
I'd like to see (and hear!) it shift to the small ring, and then back up on the big ring again.
I bet we all would like to see that. I think the small ring is just there for 'structural integrity' to help hold the pizza ring on firmly or just for decoration....maybe...

The small ring looks untouched and I'm sure a DH'er would say "What do you need a small ring for, planning on riding up hills? ..sheesh.." :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back