Tim's I've bought too much sale! - Updated 26/10/11

stumpy frame

Hi,

is the 94 Stumpjumper frame still available? I'm mainly interested in the fork, but would consider buying the frame just for the fork. I need to make sure though that the fork is not too short. Could you measure the steertube for that. I have a 20'' frame without a fork and my steer tube measures 11.3cm. Need to check out if that even makes sense.
Or would you even sell the fork seperately (including the stem and maybe headset)?
What's your guess for shipping to Germany?
Cheers
Holger

Yes the StumpJumper is still available, but no I would not sell the fork on it's own. I can let you know some measurements but I doubt it will fit a larger frame as there are no spacers there at the moment, only the canti hanger.

Hi,
you're right, it might not work out or be a very close call. I'm hoping for the second. So the real question is how much of a difference there is between our steerer tubes. (I don't just have some 20'' frame, I have that exact frame in 20'') And I'm not sure what the 1'' difference in the seat tube translates to for the steerer tube. Playing around a little with a different stem, a different cable hanger and maybe even a different headset might win back the mms I loose by using it with a larger frame.

Have to ponder on that well, though. Well, the measurement would definitely help.

Cheers, Holger

big.eck":15xc3p0e said:
where about are you moving to up here ? you gona join the macretro group ? :cool:

Huntly area, Aberdeenshire. Yeah I will but I don't know if there is anyone anywhere near where I will be. Maybe I'll ask on the area thread once I'm settled. One thing I do know is that there are no bike shops near by :cry:

Yeti ARC for sale.. out of Canada

This bike is in great condition. It has been ridden lightly and well maintained... hate to see it go, but don't get a chance to ride it anymore. Good fit for someone 5'10" to 6'1" - XTR shifters, brakes, hubs and rear derailer - XT crank and front derailer - Chris King headset - Titec stem - Titec titanium seat post and Ti rail SDG saddle ( new ) - Easton monkey bar - SID XC fork - Mavic 519 handbuild wheels - Continental tires - don't remember what bottom bracket is in there... probably XT. The bike has a few minor scratches, but no dings or dents. Frame and fork are both disc brake compatible - I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot or not, but I'm in Canada... I can box and ship no problem.... more photos available.... Asking $1200 + Freight

Back