Thin MTB frames

I didn't mention it as getting an mtb made from road tubing diameter sizes would be hard enough. let alone which butting.

that and danone hadn't replied to the comments so far to reply to current thoughts and if it really is road diameter needed.

I'd go for MaxOR for a large frame if I had the choice in the Mid 90's.
not skinny though.

Big frame, skinny tubes are a bad combo if you believe they are a bad combo. If you like a frame with plenty of flex then they are a good combo. Opinions are not gospel truth ;)

velomaniac":1soxv1fn said:
Big frame, skinny tubes are a bad combo if you believe they are a bad combo. If you like a frame with plenty of flex then they are a good combo. Opinions are not gospel truth ;)
True, consider rider weight into the equation and the same bike will be Nirvana for a 145 lb rider and a noodle for a 210 lb rider. That said , the later Trek 900 series actually have thinner tubes than the early lugged 900 frames, have modern Norba geometry, excellent tubing and are cheap as they are off most collectors radar. One of the most underrated bikes IMO.

Good suggestions, i'll correct myself in reference to this and another thread; i ride a 20" frame not a 21" frame but appears smaller.

I understand butting and density of metal would determine the overall toughness of a frame this size. I am however, very light and ride light trails. So any frame material would favor me.

I've looked at the On One range of late and a like their style of frames. Good quality and value for money.

Danone":38fyjqk5 said:
Good suggestions, i'll correct myself in reference to this and another thread; i ride a 20" frame not a 21" frame but appears smaller.

I understand butting and density of metal would determine the overall toughness of a frame this size. I am however, very light and ride light trails. So any frame material would favor me.

I've looked at the On One range of late and a like their style of frames. Good quality and value for money.

I'm confused ?

What year/era do you want ? I'm assuming still circa 1995 ?
You don't actually want a thin road tube one like you asked in your original post ? You want ? Just any old steel frame now?

You are looking for something similar to the Oversized Steel tubed On-One
With this sort of look ?

Try a Dekerf from that era. They'll also look much better in my opinion.
FROOVDO126_P1.jpg

Ebaystuff067.jpg
[/img]

:?

Sorry for any confusion guys, preferably a mid 90s steel frame that's not say i won't keep an open mind to modern throw backs. As you can see in the picture that FluffyChicken's uploaded, the On One Inbred is reminiscent of the classic frame build and the tubing appears quite narrow to me despite it being oversized and yes, i'm all for the skinnier.

Back