The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Was thinking about expanding to include Urban Camping, nearly got in a fist fight with a mentally unstable ex convict and his pitbull over these shots IMG_20240717_111531770.jpg
I was standing in a parking lot, checking out the sweet site that someone had layed out in a tiny greenspace wedged in the among asphalt. Was being obvious, no sneaking, approximately 11am, tradespeople about. The owner came out from his house, and we had a little chat. I explained about the photo series, that I liked to illustrate the Canadian people's dedication to the outdoors, regardless of the situation. Mentioned that I loved the juxtaposition of modern urban life with classic camp equipment, talked about the camper in my driveway, and the urban canoe in my life. He was a lovely gent in his 70s, we had much in common, he'd been in town all his life as well, we had several past employers in common, he told me a bit of history of the area. The whole time, a loud dog is barking angrily at us from his house. Then, the son starts barking too.
"What the *** is going on? Why is that *** taking *** pictures of our house?!"
"Shut the *** up! It's ok son, he's alright! "
Aside, to me, he says, "pay no attention to him, he's manic and bipolar. And he's pretty drunk"
Meanwhile, the shouting intensifies
"You don't know me! You have no *** right to watch me!"
I tried to calm him down a bit.
"I was just talking about the lovely campsite you have with your father. He's given me permission to take a few pictures."
"WHAT KIND OF A WEIRDO TAKES PICTURES IF OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF?! I'M COMING DOWN THERE WITH MY DOG ! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I JUST SPENT TWN YEARS AT INNES! (Big city maximum security prison, now I'm starting to get a little nervous) YOU BETTER DELETE THE PICTURES!! I CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING!"
Dad is sincerely apologetic, but getting anxious, so I decide to "delete" the photos and be on my way. Anyhow, craftier than a drunk unstable and his dog, here's the shots from my delete folder. IMG_20240717_112402123.jpg

Last edited:
Back