The Time Trial Season is Starting

My event was 'cancelled' due to traffic lights appearing at the turn island. An alternative was offered at a non-standard distance a couple of miles away but I didn't fancy it and came home early.

Next event the Ravensthorpe CC 10 on the 18th near Knottingley. Hopefully I can manage to ride it! Currently only 1 ride out of 3 entered!

Old Ned":34okenu5 said:
I suppose we're a bit to far apart to try for the team prize :(

Mind you, we'd need a third rider. Someone from the Midlands to even things up?

Perhaps we should find one event a little later in the year and enter a retrobike team, some place in the midlands perhaps ?

TheGreenRabbit":30qde2oi said:
Old Ned":30qde2oi said:
I suppose we're a bit to far apart to try for the team prize :(

Mind you, we'd need a third rider. Someone from the Midlands to even things up?

Perhaps we should find one event a little later in the year and enter a retrobike team, some place in the midlands perhaps ?

Could be an idea. Anyone else interested?

I'm in the Midlands. Sworn off racing forever. Am very bad at time trials. Always was spectacularly bad at time trials. Don't like hoping a lorry will shave close to make me go quicker.

Might be up for it.

Just done me first 10 tt in 2 years,only for training purposes you understand :oops: Managed a short 25 on my standard road bike(eg no tri bars) on what is quite a hilly out n back,quite chuffed really the winner did a short 23 with lo-pro,disc and aero helmet.
Maybe I shouldn't have sold all me tt gear :cry:

MJN":mu1xi6wd said:
Just done me first 10 tt in 2 years,only for training purposes you understand :oops: Managed a short 25 on my standard road bike(eg no tri bars) on what is quite a hilly out n back,quite chuffed really the winner did a short 23 with lo-pro,disc and aero helmet.
Maybe I shouldn't have sold all me tt gear :cry:

Mmm, quite impressive, sounds like a good third member of the team.

I'll be talking to you later my boy ;)

First TT of the year was due to be last night, but was cancelled due to poor visability. It was very misty and considering the following two events it was a wise move.

There were 2 accidents localy in the last few weeks, one in a local 25, resulting in the ridder being OK a few cust and scrapes and a broken fingure, and his £2500 bike being written off, and this (Taken from the Bognor Regis CC website)

Laurie Pither
With great sadness we have to advise that Laurie Pither, Hants Road Club Secretary, and a friend to the majority of local cyclists, has died following an accident with a car. The accident happened at West Stoke on the morning of the 6th April. More details to follow when known.

West Sussex Gazette Website

Published Date: 07 April 2009

A man has died after he was knocked of his bike by a car near West Stoke.

The incident took place at 10.49am on Downs Road, at the junction with West Stoke Road yesterday (Monday, April 6).
The cyclist, a man in his 70s, died from his injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the fatal collision between the Vauxhall Corsa car and the bicycle.
Witnesses are asked to call 0845 60 70 999 quoting Op Clayhill.

Ravensthorpe CC 10 on Saturday, first man at 13.00 hours, I'm number 84 starting at 14.24. Course starts at Brotherton and goes up past Fairburn on what was basically the old A1.

I just hope I actually get to ride it this time!

Back