The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff and sales thread

another one for repair experts - from a friend

I have an L-E600 linear tracking JVC turntable which has ceased to turn. The power is on the arm lifts and connects down - it also can track across - so power seems to be working for that but the when the record is on the turntable it doesn't turn

Any thoughts or London-based repairers?

Belt driven or direct drive? I've had a few dd with dried out bearings so they have literally seized. Motor control circuit could have popped too.

If belt driven, er, change the belt!

Googly says belt driven so start there first. Could also be a faulty microswitch.

Apache is your man.

I just fixed a 'dead' Ariston. The fault was just that, an open-circuit microswitch. Easy fix for a few pence.

Amps amps amps!

Kenwood KA-1080 - £45 delivered

Technics SU-600 - £38 delivered

Technics SU-V6 - £90 delivered

Sherwood AI 2210 - £29 delivered

Technics SU-V707 - £39 delivered

tech su/v6 would you take £80? ready with the filthy lucre if yes. will be out for next 2 hours but if its cool for £80 consider it sold please. cheers cheese. ad

adlyhobart":3hqzvr3i said:
tech su/v6 would you take £80? ready with the filthy lucre if yes. will be out for next 2 hours but if its cool for £80 consider it sold please. cheers cheese. ad

<shuffles feet, scratches chin>

oh go on then.

evening chaps,

I mentioned in this thread in the dim and distant past that i used to have a Rotel RA-930AX mk2. Well i had no idea but i'd hidden it in my parents loft after it broke.

I've just tried to turn the thing on, only to have nothing...absolutley zero. not even a power light. I'm going to hope that's it's not terminal...I'm guessing the best approach would be to find a local hi-fi repair man?

Disconnect it from the mains and rip the lid off. Check all the fuses including the one in the plug.

First point of call before any hifi repair man.

Back