The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff and sales thread

Glen Campbell is under-rated!

Nuff said

Richard ( the one with Glen Campbell on his iPod)

noooooooooooooooo

Richard

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

afternoon all, i'm hoping to tap into some expert advice with regards to the lovely but old CD player i bought at the weekend.
It's a marantz CD63 mkII KI signature model, so i was pretty pleased to see it in a charity shop, and to begin with it has worked faultlessly. However this morning it has taken to only recognising about 50% of the discs i put in, it'll accept a disc make a few clicking noises and then nothing, but on another disc it will accept it, display the tracks, and play it with no problems.
Anyone hear got any ideas what the issue might be and whether it's worth fixing?. It does come with a 28 day money back guarantee, but i'm loathe to return it as they'll just put it in the bin, which would be a sad end for a quality bit of 90's kit.

Matt

Apache is your man if he is about. It maaaay be the laser mechanism on its way out or it could simply be a spec of shite on the lens.

Thanks for the quick response LGF,

I'm not sure if this is ironic or not, but one of the discs that the player would not recognise as being inserted this morning was a CD lens cleaner :(

Matt

I had a Arcam CD192 that did this, all it needed was a slight tweak on the laser adjustment pot and worked fine for years afterwards

How are speaker/drivers measured?
If it 8" is that the 'round' or diametre of the fixings? :oops:

Back