The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm a bike dribbler.
Watch me lurk in your forum..... Dribbling.

People think I'm weird but I just think bikes are rad.
That's all bikes, im no bike snob. Honest.

Howdy folk :)

Newbie to the world of retro, been kind of thrust into it with the recent acquisition of a mint Ibis Bow-ti (a bike I lusted after when it came out but could never afford :LOL: ) First ever MTB was a Kona Lava Dome which was brill, used to love ragging that thing round the tracks back home in Oz :cool: Anyhoo, look forward to contributing to the forum :D

Evenin'

Ermm...

Hello all, how to start?

Bikeog:
Tomahawk (Chopper's little brother) c1980
Yellow CTC bmx c1983
Big black MTB c1988
Peugeot Anaconda 1990(ish) (stolen!)
Couple of mates cast-offs (both stolen!!)
Orange Clockwork c1998 rep re-sprayed matt black to avoid theft again!

Orange has been gathering dust for a couple of years, but recently started using again for commuting and a bit of light off-road, wanted to put some suspension on the front, stumbled across BikeRadar they re-directed me here - 3 hours later, hugely inspired by some of the beautiful bikes on here I now want to bring the thing back to life.

Just need some help on the technical aspects... no idea of what half the acronyms on here mean or what my genearl dims are.

Is there a rough guide for uber-newbies anywhere? :oops:

Looking forward to my 2010 project!

That's me, be gentle!

JP

Hi, just thought i,d introduce myself, 37 year old kona fan (West Sussex based) who has got back into mtb ing over the last 4 years. Caught the retro bug big time proud owner of Cinder cone 95 (ss), Mountain Shock A A 96 (geared) & Dew (trainer,commute) not so retro.
Will get some pisc sorted, be in touch. :D

Howdy, I'm Lyle.
I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.
I ride all kinds of bikes. Have MTB'd since 1992 with a few years off in between.
Recently got a worthy retro steed up and running.
I'll be over in the pre - 97 forum, where I've lurked for a while :cool:

hi all..

just got my grubby paws on a GT LTS 2000 and was directed here after talking to a chap at work about it.

big fan of GT's..owned a Tequesta (got tea leaved) and an Avalanche 1.0 (current) and now this one, tho it's in need of some serious TLC

will post up a pic as soon as i can

nice to have found this place

Max

Hi,
22 year old student here. Used to race as a kid did all sorts, MTB, road, track e.t.c but been taking it easy for the last few years. Don't have the money for all this new carbon stuff, anyway the old stuff looks better so no real loss there then ;)
I have Cotic soul that's in storage at the moment (missing riding this), Using a Viking path frame from 195? to get around on but have started to build up a 90's eddy merckx to get back out on the road.
Great site btw.
Ali

Hello all,

new on here, spent a happy evening browsing through the site and projects, some drool worthy stuff!

Current retro fleet stands at a two;

Raleigh Gritstone, bought new in October 1994, my first half decent bike! Its done many many miles and still rides very well indeed. Don't know if I could part with it :oops: Recently put some new shifters on as one was getting a bit tired.

KHS Alite 2000. Been in the family since new, think it came to us in around 2000/2001. Fantastic bike but currently pondering changing it for a hybrid.

Used to do a solid 3k a year on pedal power, only getting back into riding recently after a gap of a good few years.

Need to lose a few (ahem, several) pounds along the way too ;)

Cheers for now.

Happened across the forum while surfing my local MTB site and being into all sorts of retro gear and hobbies besides the bikes (dirt and road) I figured I'd sign up. I'll post up my DK in the March BotM when the thread is open. It's a weird, eclectic mix of parts, but I like it.

Now, off to catch up. This may take a while. :LOL:

hi there, i found this site whilst browsing images of old konas on google and it looks like there are some stunning bikes on here :) ill get a couple of pics of my kona collection up asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back