The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ello.

I thought I'd best say hi and introduce my self.
The names Chris and I purchased my first mountain bike (Muddy Fox Explorer) in '87 from Dave Mellors in Shrewsbury; and yup, it did have one of those groovy paw print disk wheel jobs but I cut them off 'cos they made such a racket!. :D

Since then there has been a Saracen Kili Flyer, GT Zaskar LE ( about '93ish I reckon) in anodised blue with a USE suspension fork. Man I loved that bike. It was nicked from outside a shop near Maidenhead in '97. :cry: Then there was a Marin full bounce jobbie (Stan Jones Cycles in Shrewsbury) which I hated with a passion.....

and now my current steed (only 7 or 8 years old so new to me)

A rather nice, though I say it myself, Orange E4.

She was originally purchased from Pearce Cycles in Ludlow and is currently used as a tarmac street fighter. :D

She may have to go, 'cos I could really do with a couple of less delicate steel framed steeds, but we'll wait and see.

Any hoo. Hi there peeps. ;)

....and Here's a pic. :D

Orange.jpg

:shock: by eck, its getting popular around here isnt it.

:LOL: how are manufacturers supposed to sell new bikes if everyones turning retro :!:

Welcome newbies ;) , now share your retro wealth.

I'm not turning retro........I kind of ended up here by accident when I didn't replace me bike for almost 10 years. :D

Mind you.............now I've arrived, I reckon I'll stick around. :cool:

computerbitz":248422u6 said:
Hello and welcome
beware retro bike comes with a goverment health warning for addiction

Your not wrong. I stumbled accross this site a month or so back via an Ebay link. I now view the site about every day! :LOL:

I'm back biking after 6 or 7 years out, and my god its changed. Its all 'freeriding', disc brakes etc.

Thank god I found this retro movement!! You all rock!!

And without sounding sappy, your all very friendly!! ;)

Oh, if any of you find my fitness I would mind it back please.......

Howdy,
I've just signed up and wanted to say "Hi" :)
Was into all this back in '91 and had some Peugeot thing that broke (not a proper MTB!!) and then went and bought a Saracen Traverse Comp (the white e-stay thing), kept this for years and did some serious miles on it before finally getting the cash together for my dream bike about 14 years ago.......

A 16.5" Pace RC200 with Synchros Cattleprod stem, Answer Hyperlight bars, Magura HydroStops, Mavic rims, XTR headset, Synchros seatpin, RC36 Pro Class forks, XT bottom bracket, Cooks Bros skewers (blue of course!!) and michelin wildgripper lite rubber.

This is still in use to this day and I love it :D

What I'm looking for is a Rocky Mountain Cirrus e-stay for a retro build - Are these rare as rocking horse doo-doo are can you still pick them up?

Regards,
Neill
Northants - UK

Just though i would say hello to all the guys n girls ere ,I was refered to this site by one of your members Cannondale King who i have the dubious pleasure of working with :LOL: .

I used to have a 18 inch Red Zaskar back in the day and wish i never sold it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Cheers

Matty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back