The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome :D
I can only confirm that if Ritchey then it would have Ritchey stamp on the drop out.
And Keep it Rigid. Only the best things in life are stiff and Rigid ;)
I've just fitted Ritchey forks and they are so sweet :D

johnopower":2ax1fnmp said:
2. the guy i bought it off says it was a KHS, pink and blue, but the serial number is 7828, which seems like a ritchey serial. He is also adamant that the tubing is Ritchey prestige. any thoughts?
:? I'm in doubt with this serial number, refering to Ritchey is not sufficient, it should hold the Ritchey signature pretty precisely.

http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/serialnumbers/

Why do I say this ? Because a friend of mine has a Sevisa frame based on an industrial construction of the P21 in Taiwan. It looks like a P21, uses the same tubing as a P21, but is NOT a P21. From informations back in time, they were "mass" producing the P21 and applying the brand name you wanted.

I wouldn't be surprised yours to be one of these. :roll:

ah! okey dokey... i'd seen that page and thought i was lost, but then saw this one
www.oldmountainbikes.com/bikes/
which is a depository of frames/bikes and a lot of them dont adhere to the rule on the other page... ah well, i think i'll just leave it white and decal-less :)
Were the TIG Ritcheys of that vintage built in the states?

Hello guys and girls,
just a quick hello from me, ive been around on here as a reader for a while now and followed a Ebay post about a Gary Fisher RS-1 with front and rear mert lawill suspension, couldn't miss out on that, so won it off deelam one of your members from here.
its a super bike and im looking forward to getting her out on the open hills.
im currently hunting for as much information about the lawill suspension and have posted up asking for further information so, if you have any information which you feel could be interesting for me please post up and let me know.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15171

im no stranger to forums like this, i run my own forum which just one best online club of the year for 2007, we have just over 9000 members 90% from the uk. The club is all about classic minis, and we do much the same as you guys but with minis. i hold events each year and do all the normal club stuff but just for the uk. (about 35 people work on the team to sure everything goes to plan)
if you want feel free to have a look.
Front page view:
http://www.theminiforum.co.uk
forum view:
http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/

loven it over here on retro, very friendly place to be....

Mark

Well I'd better start of here I guess
Hi, my names Rob
Used to live in Blackpool, and occasionally raced for fun at Leisure Lakes (never did any good but enjoyed it) and did the Lakes and other good places (bowland, winter hill - was spoiled for choice)
Built a recumbent and attended cyclefest with it (93?)
Used to work in a bike shop in Cornwall, some nice rides out that way
and a short time in Bristol, now living in Gosport and occasionally get one bike or another out

Got a short wheelbase DIY wreckumbent (nicknamed MTBMX) guess what the donors were ;-)
a shabby (but my fave bike) 91 Kona Lavadome/Mag21's and a somewhat more modern 2000 and something? (silver /red) Hahana (built up as a road bike with low pro tri bars and a big single front and skinny 1" specialized turbos )
Both Konas are going to get a nice shiney powder coat soon as they both look pretty grotty ATM

Found the site by accident (not sure what I was searching for originally?) and have been lurking
Interested in the screening of Klunkerz and may try and get across to it so thaught I'd better get sorted with a login, pop in here to say hi :)

Dunno what the form is for posting pics yet but have some of most of the collection around here somewhere ;-)

Keeping my eye on the Klunkerz thread, hopefully meet some of you there ?

Regards
Rob

Hold on I'll ask the missus....

....Nope apparently you are right :LOL: :roll:

edited to say managed to pop some photo's in my gallery
Will try and pop some more recent ones on, as those are retro photo's of retro bikes
Much less hair and a lot more wrinkly now ...LOL

Hello There!

This is my first post to say hello and also ask some advice.

After a break of about 10 years I've finally got back out on the trails and I'm loving every minute of it :D

My bike is a '93 KHS Montana Comp(pink and blue, True Temper, Made in Taiwan). It's had a few upgrades over the last few years while I've been using it for the occasional week of commuting in the summer.

After finding RetroBike site and forum, and getting the biking bug back, I want to give my old KHS some much needed and well deserved renovation. The problem is where do I get paint and transfers from, she does need a respray as over a couple of winters of commuting I got the seat post seized in seat tube, the only way to free it up was a little heat. This has obviously resulted in caramelising of the paint and transfers :cry:

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a reasonable match on the paint colours and some replacement Transfers/Decals.

I've attached a pic of my bike; added the Rock Shox Quadra 21's after my first run on Dalby forests Red route - ouch!
V-Brakes were added around about 2000, SPD's at about the same time, I had to downgrade some of the drive train for what I could afford at the time so it has STX RC cranks and chainrings, STX front mech and STX RC rear mech. My XC wheels are from a 94 Montana Pro these are Bontrager/Weinman BCX 1 up front with an XT Parallel hub and DT Swiss Spokes (purple nipples :D), and BCX 2 Rear on a bog standard Shimano hub again with DT swiss spokes and purple nipples. I'm running Schwalbe Jimmys on these, but I would love to get my hands on a pair of Ritchey Z-Max as these were my favourite tyres.
I recently added a Bontrager Ti railed saddle that is very comfy. Bar ends are Onza again of the 94 Montana Pro, all levers have been replaced from the original. Road wheels are Mavic rims with stainless DT spokes, STX front hub and basic Shimano rear hub, Bonti Hardcase slicks

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• KHSMontComp-Oct07.jpg
    KHSMontComp-Oct07.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back