The Genesis Equil Brum Brum Project

gorgeous bike. great job on the strip and rebuild. a lot of the shimano rear mech cages are interchangeable so if you have a derailleur you want to keep try to find a donor mech with a longer cage. i've done this a few times with road mechs and used mtb cages.

Cheers
gorgeous bike. great job on the strip and rebuild. a lot of the shimano rear mech cages are interchangeable so if you have a derailleur you want to keep try to find a donor mech with a longer cage. i've done this a few times with road mechs and used mtb cages.
Cheers, Yes im keeping an eye out for options.

Hi all

This bike has only just come out for a ride today since the last pictures above taken in Jan as sadly I and the bike had a car pull out on us later on in the day those last above photos were taken. It was lowish speed on a roundabout and luckly I survived with a torn shoulder, back pain problems and minor head concusion as i banged it hard enough to crack my helmet.

I had the bike checked over at the local shop for the insurance claim the carbon fork naturally wasnt safe to use, frame was all ok thankfully all straight still, one of the nice zipp scewers got mullered where the bike hit the ground though and both wheels had to be straightened plus the usual scrapes to leveres etc. quite lucky really could have been allot worse.

So today was the first outing with some upgrades starting with a nice ritchey wcs all carbon fork resprayed the same colour as bike and a shorter stem so thats a bit more weight off it.

I polished the graphics off the stem before fitting it.
DSC_2333.JPG
DSC_2335.JPG

Wcs fork

DSC_2399.JPG DSC_2400.JPG

Back from the sprayers they actually used some of the paint in the tin i got matched up looks spot on.

DSC_2569.JPG

fitted

DSC_2574.JPG DSC_2577.JPG DSC_2580.JPG

Back