The Book of Genesis..

superstu":135b2pb8 said:
I looked at the new carbon fibre Genesis' - the same frame is used across the range, so the base model (around £1,500 iirc) would be quite a good buy I would have thought.

Yeah thats amazing as the cheapest model comes in at £1300 equipped with Tiagra, but the Team frame and fork set costs £1100.

Re:

Found a pic of mine before it went overseas , rode sweet .

Attachments

• altitude2.jpg
    altitude2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 725
There new website for the 2015 range is now live, poor show on the mtb ranges and the classic "look" of there subtle paint schemes is gone , still croix range is impressive and there road range is huge compared to a few years ago glad I got mine when I did though ,

Yes the MTB's are very poor, as an MTB rider I'm very jealous of the road bikes, that's obvious where all the cash and development time has gone.

wow! what are the forks? 130mm or more?

**edit**

just seen it's a big wheeled jobby. q still stands, but I'm guessing they're less!

Re:

They are Recon's tweaked to 120mm from 100mm.

Nothing dramatic but they work well for me, in fact removing the spacer has made a surprising improvement.

Just a frame at the moment as I'm not sure about what forks to put on it, but I'm really looking forward to building it up.

+1 for 120mm Rockshox (Rebas, Revs etc)

And it's crying out for silver RS8 cranks :cool:

2x9-middleburn-rs8-isis-duo-%3D-522g-no-bb-477043.html

Oh well, ok then ......

In Platsa this autumn, where it proved to be just the job for the kind of riding I most like to do, which is steep and rocky with lots of steps and switchbacks thrown in for good measure.
So, it's a 2008 (I think) 853 Alpitude frame with Marzocchi Z1 RC2 150mm forks, run 1x10 with 30T RaceFace N/W chainring and One-Up 40T sprocket, Shimano brakes, Avid HS-1 rotors, Hope Pro 2 hubs on Mavic F219 rims, On-One Monkey and Smorg tyres (tubeless, of course - it's a necessity out here) Gravity Dropper post, Works Components 1 degree headset and Renthal fatbars/50mm stem - that's about it I think.

Anyway, so impressed was I that I've just bought another Alpitude frame (the last one, the 2012 853 DZB version) to build up over the winter to use in the grim north. As thats got a 44mm headtube I could slacken that out by a couple of degrees if I wanted to as long as I used a straight steerer fork.
Now I just need to find another good set of Z1's from 2005 or 2006....

One photo is taken in the village, the other in the barren wastes of the area known locally as Albani, deep in the Taygetos range.

Attachments

• Alpitude-in-Platsa-1.jpg
    Alpitude-in-Platsa-1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 604
  • Albani.jpg
    Albani.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 598
Back