The 1st record you genuinely bought?

legrandefromage":2wxpqcvb said:
Not bought for you - they are embarrassing, I mean the first record you went into a shop and paid for out of your own pocket.

After damaging the little speaker on my B/W TV, I went out and bought:

Steve 'Silk' Hurley - 'Jack Your Body'

Back somewhere in 1985 - not too bad for a first record.

Madness - Our House. Got it from Carrefour in Minworth when it was (hold onto your hats) a Hypermarket!!!! It was 1982 and the b side was ''Walking with Mr Wheeze''. About 2 years later i remember my parents buying me a Commodore 64 from the same place. (sorry to digress!)

First album was Macdonald and Giles, mates brother ran the record shop and he persuaded me to buy it. I took it back and got Fireball by deep purple.

First single would be Deborah Tyranosaurus Rex.

Album - Deep Purple, Made in Europe. 1976.

Single - Bay City Rollers, Bye, Bye Baby. 1975.

Ooo. CD - Sting, Dream of the Blue Turtles. 1985. As per following post, I bought it in Laskys at the same time as I bought a Sony CD player, Technics amp, and Wharfedale Diamonds. Still got the speakers in my music studio in fact.

45:- White Plains - When You Are A King
LP:- One of the, "Top Of The Pops" ones. Covered songs.
CD:- Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms to go with my Rotel Amp, Nad CD player and Celestion speakers all about 1986. It was like I discovered music all over again. The amp and speakers are connected to my computer now.

First 45 single ; Stand and Deliver by Adam and the Ants

First LP ; Songs from the wood by Jethro Tull

First CD ; The Wall by Pink Floyd

first vinyl was sl2 on a ragga tip, had loadsa copied tapes before that, mainly iron maiden, jungle brothers, public enemy and nwa. think i embarrasingly bought east 17 house of love too :oops:

way back in the 60s:

First single: House of the Rising Sun. - The Animals

First LP: Five Live Yardbirds - The Yardbirds

first EP (that dates me :oops: ) : Kinksize Hits - The Kinks

Back