SunRace

rbike

Dirt Disciple
What is quality of SunRace (spare) parts? Only been using Shimano and Sram chains till now, so I wanted to try a SunRace CNM84 chain. Any experience? How about brake pads, cassettes and skewers?

I have used their cassettes, they are just fine and worth the savings, in my opinion. More importantly, at least when I last looked, they had more options in 6 and 7 speeds than did Shimano.

I am not so thrilled with their bottom brackets, however. They are dirt cheap, and I have used them because of that, but run raw way quicker than any cartridge bb should. I think investing a bit more is worth it here.

Last edited:
The cassettes are fine. I've got one of their square taper, 3x M9 chainsets too: roughly speaking, Deore quality for an Altus price; definitely better than anything Shimano or SRAM offer for around the £50 mark.

They are really trying to reinvent themselves away from the cheap off-brand reputation, so they have some parts in a sweet spot in terms of price and quality.

I was looking for a wide range 10 speed cassette for a friend and got a 12-40 for half the price of a Shimano.The finish was not perfect but it was a cassette, and got promptly covered with gunk anyway.

At the same time, they still manufacture serious parts for older set ups that Shimano associates with cheap Tourney level stuff.

Their catalog lists a bunch of parts that don't seem widely available though, which is a shame.

Back