The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
I really do think this is getting out of hand............

Any novel solutions? She won't let me make the loft hatch bigger, I need room in the shed to work on the next one, I still have a couple more I'd like to relocate. :facepalm:

Muddy MTBs not allowed in the house.

Broken down bikes take up much less room than built ones.

Loft is good, not sure about racing frames but I can get 20" GT frames into the loft
without too much hassle. I have a load of hooks (with padding) with frames hung from rafters
and my loft is by no means huge. I put the components for each bike in an empty beer crate box.

I have a stack of wheels in the loft (and the shed), pile them up with something between
each one. Tried hanging them on strings in the shed but they kept banging each other.

Found this is the key to storing (I have over 20 in a small house/shed !!). You get pretty quick
at assembling one to ride, I rotate with a couple to ride and one building.

Wheely bin bags (the great big ones from Tesco etc) are perfect for putting a dirty frame & forks in to move about/store.

After losing the garage to the missus' business, I had to make to with a 6x6 foot brick built extension to the garage. 7 bikes hang off the shelving with wheels to the wall and the rest of my tat sits on the shelves above. The garden shed then takes the rest with the frames hanging from the roof and wheels off to one side.

I think I'd only go as far as wheels out storage, otherwise i'd be unlikely to ride them. I need to balance storage and workshop space. All my bikes are big. Anybody got pics of their solutions. I'm thinking hang frames along one wall of the shed but they'd still sick out over 3ft unless i angled them?

Re:

All of mine will fit in the loft. I take the wheels out, put them up there, then put one or both wheels back in

Yes but that means I'm unlikely to ride them. And I'd have to enlarge my access.

Build a bigger shed it will give you more room to work and less grass to mow which equals more riding/building time :LOL:

You're gonna need a bigger hatch.

IMG_20160118_182905.jpg

Fit loads in.

IMG_20160118_183008.jpg

Then you can spare that room for her crafts\shoes\clothes\sewing\dish washing\ironing etc....

Your shed would be a maint\cleaning\current rider staging area.

Failing that I have a 10x8 metal shed affair coming soon, until I build a garage workshop next year, I'll review it when it comes, £300.

Latest posts

Back