stolen Trek 930

bikercolin

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi I am mainly a road rider however i had a much loved Trek stolen from Coventry University 3 years ago, and have just never managed to replace it. Hence want a 19.5'' Trek 930

sorry to hear about that mate, i personally havent seen many treks on here, how retro is the model in question?

now im no expert but didnt the klein brand become trek at some point? which could mean depending on age that your bike was a klein? just pondering...

To clarify, a "brand" is a label, moniker, product identity. The "Klein" brand was bought by Trek but Trek also bought all of Klein's other assets i.e. their tooling, inventory, employees, etc. When that happened, the parent company Trek didn't stop putting "Trek" on its bikes or putting "Klein" on other bikes. It also didn't mean that suddenly they were mixing & matching tubes between the 2 brands and that you couldn't tell a "Trek" apart from a "Klein". The Trek 930 was a distinct Trek model and wouldn't have shared anything in common with a Klein of the same model year aside from Shimano componentry.

Back