SPECIALIZED SEAT STAY

captain slow

Dirt Disciple
a bit of a long shot,but i've been trying to get hold of the seat stay from a big hit (i have the chain stay) which i plan to use as part of a retro FSR comp bike build i'm working on.

if anyone has one or could put me onto someone who may have one i'd appreciate it!

cheers,

russ

Talk to me Russ - I might be able to help :)

What flavour FSR are you building - and which seatstay do you want?

seat stay

alright mate

ok,ive got hold,well i saved a 98 fsr comp frame from the scrap yard so i thought i'd have a go at doin a bit of an 'old skool' dh build with it.

ive read here,or somewhere that a big hit rear end would fit it so ive got my hands on the chainstay,not sure what model or year BH it came off,but it does appear to fit & the frame already had a betd suspension link with it.

now all i need is the seatstay as it has the disc brake mounts on it.
i havent a clue which would fit,but i'd imagine an earlier stay would be the most obvious choice,although thats just a total random guess...ha!

do you think you've got anything that may fit?

thanks again

Hi - I've got a spare seatstay from a 99 FSR.
It's the chunky silver one - as opposed to the skinny black version usually found on the 98 FSRs
It doesn't have the disk brake adapter - but I know where there is one :D
If you're interested I'll get it out the garage and take a pic or two.

seat stay

hey mate

yeah,i'm deffo interested.

i do have the original seatstay,but a chunkyer one sounds & would probably look alot better!
and if you know the whereabouts of a disc brake adapter, happy days!

if you could post up a few pics,that'd be sweet!

thanks again,

Russ

OK - I'll go and grab it and take some pics - how much are you willing to pay?? :LOL:

Pics below - see what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_6983.jpg
    IMG_6983.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,256
  • IMG_6985.jpg
    IMG_6985.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,256
seat stay

nice 1 cheers for that!

yeah,looks fine. see those 2 small holes on the non mech side of the stay above where the wheel sits,do you think 1 of those A2Z adapters could be 'made' to bolt onto that? just a thought

Back