SPECIALIZED SEAT STAY

Well, the A2Z adaptor fits - but I don't think it should be used on the Specialized stays.

thats not a problem.

i'll take the stay of your hands,ive no idea how much though???
i paid £15 for the chain stay,so... £15 for the seat stay? but please say if you think its worth more.

whats the brake adapter you have?

thanks again

You did well on the chainstay for £15 - wish I could have found one for my 99 Elite at that price!

The adapter is the A2Z one like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A2Z-Mountain-...ikeparts_SR&hash=item483a7bb521#ht_1085wt_976
Hadn't realised that they sold at £25 these days.
Mine has been fitted - so have some marks - but perfectly servicable.

£15 for the seatstay - £15 for the A2Z as well?
£30 Paypal gift - posted - ok?
[/url]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You did well on the chainstay for £15 - wish I could have found one for my 99 Elite at that price!

The adapter is the A2Z one like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A2Z-Mountain-...ikeparts_SR&hash=item483a7bb521#ht_1085wt_976
Hadn't realised that they sold at £25 these days.
Mine has been fitted - so have some marks - but perfectly servicable.

£15 for the seatstay - £15 for the A2Z as well?
£30 Paypal gift - posted - ok?
[/url]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
£30 sounds good.

but firstly..do the A2Z adapters fit the frame ok? i'm sure ive read somewhere that there can be a problem when fitting them to these frames as each linkage bar on the rear end on the FSR's moves & the adapter has to be fixed? does that make sense?

although,the guy who built up this fsr has used the A2Z in a pretty creative way...

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/g ... build.html

I did say in one of my earlier posts - that the A2Z was not recommended.
My A2Z came off a '98 FSR with a broken seatstay.

But then you see threads like the one saw - which I've read too. He's used the later spec stay - like the one I've got.

almost12.jpg

It's your call - it's not recommended - but people have.[/url]

alright mate.

i do plan to use the bike in anger,so i think it'd be better to have the rear brake disc fitted properly as i dont wanna take any more risks than usual!

i know a clever engineer,so using the old seat & chain stay i'm sure he could dream up & 'mill/drill/fabricate' something that would safely accomodate a disc calliper?? it will be interesting to try anyway!

so i'll just take the stay off you if thats ok?

will get PP done tomorrow & i'll pm you when ive done it.

thanks again for your help!

Russ

Hi Russ,
To be honest, I think you've made the right call.
Yeah - bung me a PM when you're ready and we'll sort things out from there.

Back