Specialized Hardrock 1988?

Nog1988

Retro Newbie
1000051407.jpg 1000051405.jpg 1000051402.jpg 1000051403.jpg 1000051404.jpg
Hi all, recently picked up this Specialized Hardrock which I believe to be a 1988 model due to seen others which have the same decals and the rear brake mounted in the same position, if anyone can confirm would be a great help. I'm a complete newbie and hoping to undertake a Resto Mod project on this and convert it to a 1x8 drivetrain so expect a lot of questions on here. Is there a section on here where the catalogue for this model so I can see the spec to try and cut down in the amount of questions I need to ask? The bike looks like it is showing signs of it's age so first think is to give it a good wash to see what I'm working with and pics to follow as I progress. Any comments and suggestions you guys have will be appreciated.

Just had a look at your thread, fairplay you've done a cracking job. I'm looking to do a more of a Resto Mod project converting it to a 1x8 with some riser bars (will be keeping all the parts so can be put back to original). Would you mind if I drop you a few messages as I go along as I said I'm pretty new to this and I'd imagine you would be able to quickly answer any newbie questions I have.

Back