SOLD - Bromwich - Rare complete bike. F/S

greenstix7

Dirt Disciple
Reluctant sale of my cherished Bromwich MTB, custom made for me in '91 by Jim Macilwayne in Coventry.

Beautiful fillet brazed frame/fork in Reynolds 531 All Terrain tubing. The forks are made from oversized 531 A/T. Something Jim was trying at the time.
Full XT Groupset and Mavic Paris Dakar rims with stainless d/b DT swiss spokes.
It has a T -bone stem and Italmanubri bars cut down pretty narrow.
Currently set up as a single speed, but I have all the Xt stuff and 7 speed cassette etc. Just needs cabling up, shifters all fine etc. Singlespeed bits will be removed as I need them. If you did want them we can sort something out.
Obviously been used, only raced twice back in the day, but it's the original paint apart from the B/B area where it's been rubbed down and re painted. B/B is still silky smooth as is the headset. It's always been cherished, cleaned, always kept indoors. Will be extremely sad to sell but would rather see someone get some use out of it.

What can I say, great bike, would suit someone 5'7" to 5'10, i'm 6 ft and it's too small. I was 16 when it was built!

Top Tube c/c is 21.5 inches
B/B to top of seat tube is 19.5 inches.

See pics below, please email me mrjonchandler ( at ) gmail (dot) com, bike is in Stratford On Avon.
Price is difficult but i'll say £450 in keeping with forum rules. Also, i am after a 56/57 cm Carbon road bike if anyone is willing to consider a swap/cash deal, email me.

Re: Bromwich - Rare complete bike. F/S or swap Carbon Road b

That's really nice mate.You don't see many Bromwich around and it's a shame you can't hang on to it.

That is stunning! GLWS

If I'd known you were going to sell this then I wouldn't have bought your Pioneer Jon!

Lovely bike, wish I still had mine.

Very nice! - I saw this on google or one very similar? whilst looking for a pioneer

Thanks all, it's a top bike.
The Pioneer was Dad's! I never really planned to sell this, but I need the funds now to build another bike.

Will take offers, I do need to sell it.

Thanks

narcotitlan":1d6wfpjq said:
Very nice! - I saw this on google or one very similar? whilst looking for a pioneer

Really?

Have never put it up for sale before, maybe from a previous thread?

Latest posts

Back