so i started a bike shop. update 31/07/24

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence, this last 3 weeks have been mental! so i closed the old shop the 18th of july, a tuesday, then wednesday, thursday and friday i spent all 3 days moving stock etc to the new shop, some friends helped with the big stuff, shout out to Dan for for flatbed truck and help lifting!

then on the friday evening i left for Morzine, the stress was high, a week in morzine was just what i needed, luckily this year it was gonna be a mellow one, the last few years mist people in the group were very drink orientated, this year it was chill, riding, chill beer, food, chill out, it was just what i needed.

then i came back . . . so i landed back at home last sunday at 7am, i got my head down intending to be at the new shop for about 1pm, i eventually got there at 3pm! there were more loads to get from the old shop, the back and forth between the shops while trying to organise the stock was a nightmare. i wanted to be fully open on the tuesday, which was optimistic, i did open but basically spent all day still organising as opposed to actually working.

the shop itself is now starting to look sensible, the upstairs is still a bit of a mess, i'm getting there with it, i think it'll be a couple of months before i'm properly sorted though.

anyway, a retro meet, yes i would love it if a bunch of you guys wanted to come down, was thinking saturday the 12th, shop is open from 9.15am, but was thinking pop down from 10am, my intention is to go to the brewery 500metres up the road at 3pm when the shop closes.

also that same day i'll be doing a Muc-Off promotion, basically they have given me 40 promo bags with samples etc, was gonna say if someone spends £30 they could have a promo bag, i'll be putting other stuff in them as well.

anyway here are some more pics!

JBR1.jpg

JBR2.jpg

Martin, first customer in the new place, runs the local 3C cycling club
MART1.jpg

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence, this last 3 weeks have been mental! so i closed the old shop the 18th of july, a tuesday, then wednesday, thursday and friday i spent all 3 days moving stock etc to the new shop, some friends helped with the big stuff, shout out to Dan for for flatbed truck and help lifting!

then on the friday evening i left for Morzine, the stress was high, a week in morzine was just what i needed, luckily this year it was gonna be a mellow one, the last few years mist people in the group were very drink orientated, this year it was chill, riding, chill beer, food, chill out, it was just what i needed.

then i came back . . . so i landed back at home last sunday at 7am, i got my head down intending to be at the new shop for about 1pm, i eventually got there at 3pm! there were more loads to get from the old shop, the back and forth between the shops while trying to organise the stock was a nightmare. i wanted to be fully open on the tuesday, which was optimistic, i did open but basically spent all day still organising as opposed to actually working.

the shop itself is now starting to look sensible, the upstairs is still a bit of a mess, i'm getting there with it, i think it'll be a couple of months before i'm properly sorted though.

anyway, a retro meet, yes i would love it if a bunch of you guys wanted to come down, was thinking saturday the 12th, shop is open from 9.15am, but was thinking pop down from 10am, my intention is to go to the brewery 500metres up the road at 3pm when the shop closes.

also that same day i'll be doing a Muc-Off promotion, basically they have given me 40 promo bags with samples etc, was gonna say if someone spends £30 they could have a promo bag, i'll be putting other stuff in them as well.

anyway here are some more pics!

View attachment 766797

View attachment 766798

Martin, first customer in the new place, runs the local 3C cycling club
View attachment 766799
Well done nice to see someone making headway 👍

:cool:

Surprisingly looks a bigger space with things in there.

Back