Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

I keep seeing for sale threads without a price.

I just wondered if it was possible to add a required field to new for sale threads that must include a price?

I'm not familiar with XenForo so not sure if it can be done, or if it can, how straightforward it would be?

Had considered adding a price field to sales adverts, however it would mean it’s tricky to make a sales post with multiple items. It people will add the wrong price.

Happy to listen to opinion though.

Not sure about splitting the classifieds further. Maybe add a location tag if people might find it useful?

Majority still adds prices, and the ones that don't need to be informed. Even if you have a mandatory price field people will, as MM says, add a random long or short number and specify that they want offers or haven't a clue. Not worth it.

I think location is a better idea provided it'll allow for international users to add our towns/country.

I feel price along with location and item details etc, are all things you would naturally inquire about if interested in the item for sale. Obviously some new members, and current ones, do forget to add all the details sometimes. Often rectified if made aware of the omissions.

I feel price along with location and item details etc, are all things you would naturally inquire about if interested in the item for sale. Obviously some new members, and current ones, do forget to add all the details sometimes. Often rectified if made aware of the omissions.
I agree but I do think, if location would be shown along title of the thread, it'd be okay actually as I sometimes have found myself not going through for the for sale sections as I'm not willing to buy from the UK due to additional costs. So it'd help someone like me filter, but at the same time it's mostly a British forum so I get it. It's definitely not needed. But I think the value field would be more bad than good.

Back