Show Us Your Xizang's

SEANSTEPHENS":gbcagmwh said:
that is nice. is that the one that was on ebay recently??

Thanks. The frame's in very good condition. Yes, I bought it from ebay recently, thanks to someone posting up in ebay watch.

So far I've replaced;
headset/bar/stem with matching RF items
shifters and rear mech with XT,

I want to change the saddle, and the wheels will probably change for something lighter as the rims are very heavy/strong D521s!

I have to say blue sids and the titanium go so well together.

The white one is lovey but kind of a shame to cover up the Ti.

Hi, here my 1991 Xizang, XT 735, Controltech parts, Sakae handlebar, 732 hubs with 7700 8speed titanium-freehub, XTR 900cogs, Campa Atek-rims. Modified 733 Brakelevers and thumbshifters, AC bottombraked and bottlecages, Gore RideOn Cables. All Screws titanium.

Attachments

• P1030755.JPG
    P1030755.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 1,091
I took mine off road for the first time this morning, the ride was just fantastic, stiff smooth, shock absorbing, absolutely loved it. Henry had a go and really liked it compared to his steel stumpjumper. Money well spent!

Doesn't look like anyone has posted on this in a while. Since I am a newbie I thought I would throw up some pic's of my ride to introduce myself :D

1994 Xizang, mix of old and new making it a very fun modern race steed with a retro flare!

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

No, they are white industries with a matching white industries crankset (not the made in Japan ones). I have a red and a black set of the gt Hadley hubs but I liked the look of these better :)

Nice one nbl78s! are those psylos up front? did you polish the crown and paint them? they look really good with the frame

13":rvebqila said:
Nice one nbl78s! are those psylos up front? did you polish the crown and paint them? they look really good with the frame

Yep, psylos. TOTALLY custom... Legs powder coated to match XTR, the crown was actually a custom proto type rock shox was playing with for a while (polished pewter crown and super slick coating on the uppers), the internals are all updated to match their newest stuff and the travel is actually cut down to be adjustable from 63mm to 90 something. I run them at the 63mm so the geometry is right. Oh, and the remote lockout is sweet to. I love these things! :)

Back