Show us your rides and rate the one posted above you!

Re:

Good to hear. I'm happy with my merlin frame the only thing bugging me is having to use an a2z adaptor for the rear disc its a bit faffy. I'll have to see as I'm looking at a couple of frames right now :)

I'd give the carrera a solid 8. It all hangs together and coordinates.

First ride today. Bespoke. And yes it is that big.

IMG_7097_zpsrqlq7vhk.jpg

I feel bad to give the above anything less than a 10, but...

Not a fan of that much stem spacer stacking and I'm not keen on those saddle bags sorry. Also while I understand they're practical for some reason the bar ends just look a bit wrong on that bike. Lovely colour though, and those rear dropouts look awesome.

Overall 8.5/10

Here's another one of mine, bit of a mix of old and not so old, won't be to everyone's tastes!

Attachments

• IMAG3437.jpg
    IMAG3437.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 433
you have to give him a rating out of 10, i'd give him 9 points for such an unadventurous use of orange ano...

Re: Re:

kyle888":g6lvzb6n said:
Good to hear. I'm happy with my merlin frame the only thing bugging me is having to use an a2z adaptor for the rear disc its a bit faffy. I'll have to see as I'm looking at a couple of frames right now :)

Yeah I spent about 6 hours the other night pissing around with an A2Z 'Universal' adapter, had to modify it to get it to fit. Reasonably happy with the end result though.

Re:

I'm new here, Marin Rocky Ridge from 1998, had some hammer but still going strong.

Rate the bike above? :D Well it's a Kona so it's mint.

Attachments

• 10687046_10152867730125116_3094171564111436883_n.jpg
    10687046_10152867730125116_3094171564111436883_n.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 412
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 411

DominicH83":1p7v3max said:
kyle888":1p7v3max said:

Yeah I spent about 6 hours the other night pissing around with an A2Z 'Universal' adapter, had to modify it to get it to fit. Reasonably happy with the end result though.

Yep they don't fit straight away i had to trim the little piece that sits against the seat stay! I think I'm going to stick with my merlin frame now I've re polished it now and am in the middle of re stickering with merlin stickers then I'll re post it on here!

kyle888":2aznrnr2 said:
Kev-w we need a score out of 10 for the kona! Also a bit more spec info on yours?

8.5/10 for the Kona, I've never taken to disk brakes. :LOL:

My bike, a mate bought it new in 1998 and sold it to me in 2003, had a pair of stock Manitous on but I put the Bombers on this year, Specialized rims on LX hubs (7 speed but with stock 8 speed shifters :oops: they came from my local council tip) , LX v brakes and everything mostly bog standard, it's about to have a new drive train fitted as my mates upgraded so I've got his fairly new Alivio set, I just need to find a decent rim with a 9 speed cassette and put some new bearings in the headset when I've polished the races up.

Latest posts

Back