Show us your rides and rate the one posted above you!

Re:

Cool. Damn, I was trying to avoid doing that - didn't want to offend DrJo.

But I guess I have to, 4/10 for originality & having the guts to post it on a pubic forum - I'd keep that hidden away in a dark shed if that were mine. Sorry bud. :)

Re:

:cool: 8/10 for the AC1 as I'm too old for bouncies! Cool bike though....here's mine (so it is). Biggety-biggety bong...Snake-stayed expedition 29er moonlighting as a gravel-grinder/yard-tourer/swiss army bike-i.e. I've no idea what ye would call it...with mystery crankset and el cheapo bits nicked from a Christine Boardman hybrid (sacrilege!)

Attachments

• tour de yard.jpg
    tour de yard.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 408
Very nice. 9/10 but the silver seat clamp..............

My rat bike.

d491786547a4f86553f8a1ea4661e340_zpshht8mkt4.jpg

Thanks for 8/10 Mullinino. Love my AC1, it wears it's age well. Wouldn't mind some new forks on it, think that'll be my next upgrade.

Lol, cheers Dansim, yeah I do like the looks but I think one of the cartridges is starting to get a bit sticky.

Re:

9 out of 10 for the Kona. A point off for not having a classic Kona low front end, though I accept that you have fitted what is comfortable!

Here's one I have just finished.....be nice.... I know its a Carrera but the frame was free and I fancied trying something modernish. It rides quite nicely, a shorter stem maybe required as it is quite long, and maybe some nice dtisc only forks later on (if I can find some cheap enough!)

Attachments

• IMG_5126s.jpg
    IMG_5126s.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 349
Re:

Is that a kraken? Is it any good I'm looking at a frame for a possible swap for my merlin malt frame

Re:

No it is a Centos, but I think they are all the same frame just different components.

I have only ridden it once since I finished it on Tuesday but early indications are that yes it is good. Long in the top tube and the hose/cable guides are under the seat stay when above would be better for cable discs, this originally had a 120mm fork as does the Fury, I ditched this (Suntour XCM) along with the rest of the naff/worn out/both components, the current fork is 100mm and feels OK. Funnily enough it reminds me of a Merlin Tange DB frame I had in the late 90's a bit. Maybe not that surprising....no nonsense UK designed frame.

Snob appeal and pedigree it doesn't have, but it is a bit of cheap fun, and a nice frame if you hang reasonable components on it and look past the badge. If you can have the Carrera and keep the Merlin I would give it a whirl, if the merlin has to go....then I probably still would.

Back