Show us your MS Racing and alpinestars bikes...

mark
any info on the later a-stars bike's
picked up a ASR-300 recently ,looks like an alcoa frame ,same as many others but pink clearcoated any info?

getting a pre- eos soon too :D

mikee":qig3b3x5 said:
mark
any info on the later a-stars bike's
picked up a ASR-300 recently ,looks like an alcoa frame ,same as many others but pink clearcoated any info?

getting a pre- eos soon too :D
Hi Mikee, I've concentrated my research on 1989 to 1993, but I believe the last year for alpinestars bikes was 1996. I also believe the 'ASR' models were some of the later models.

The model names changed in 1993 from al-mega XT for example to a coded name which was derived from the frame type 'E' for elevated, 'S' for suspension or 'D' for double diamond design and then the shimano M number of the group. Thus, an elevated al-mega XT would be called an al-mega E735. But past 1993 I have little knowledge of the bikes and their model names, i've not come across any catalogues or anyone with a real passion for alpinestars bikes of those years tbh.

mikee":4e6jixmz said:
malinowski and stevenson

m&s racing

wondered what that stood for
MS Racing for Malcolm Smith Racing or MSR as its known today. Malinowski (General manager) and Stevenson (Designer) were ex Fisher employees who jumped ship to MS Racing.

as in the" on any sunday "and smith eyewear malcom smith ?

if so is he mr alpinestars ?

if so i feel even more justified in enjoying one of my heroes products :D

mikee":rqc9c5bl said:
as in the" on any sunday "and smith eyewear malcom smith ?

if so is he mr alpinestars ?

if so i feel even more justified in enjoying one of my heroes products :D

Correct about the 'On any Sunday', not sure about the eyewear however you may well be correct, but not Mr alpinestars.

Mr alpinestars is Sante Mazzarolo who founded the company in 1963, now run by his son Gabriele Mazzarolo. Its a long and confusing story the MSR/alpinestars thing, but after the OWMTBC presentation I promise to post it up.

THese are the two beauties that I have purchased recently... the T26 which I am contemplating having repainted to match the Cro Mega.
This was originally for the wife, but my daughter loves it so might be passed straight to her! Enjoy! :LOL:

Attachments

• 22082010291.jpg
    22082010291.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 5,617
and this. excuse the cr*p photos... these are from my phone! :cry:

Attachments

• 22082010296.jpg
    22082010296.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 5,613
Back