Show us your 700C ATB / MTB / Hybrid

My 91 Raleigh Pioneer Trail, bought for a tenner, all the 'new' bits came out of the shed except for the tyres, cables and bars. As found pic, 1st version still with flat bars but better brakes, front derailleur and new tyres, 2nd version fitted with drops and new cables, last pic from a very wet and muddy 25 mile ride yesterday. View attachment 762476 View attachment 762478View attachment 762483 View attachment 762485

Total transformation with the drops and wider tyres

I conceded defeat on trying to get some decent side pull brakes working on the 26" rims I had on this thing, so I stripped a parts bike for its 700c wheels. Paired up with a matching brake set, this thing pulls up like it's in reverse.

82-84 Raleigh Yukon (dated thanks to RetroBike) with bullmoose bars, shimano Altus 8spd bits, 'Concept' 700 wheels, maxxis re-fuse(to go on easy) tyres, tektro r530 brakes and Tektro levers.

The goal for this thing has been to ride the GoldCoast to Brisbane fundraiser (100km) and spend less on the bike than the entry fee ($105).

Achieved at $97. Then blown when I put the tyres on at about +$100 including the 3 tubes I pinched...

Oh well.
Ride day is at the end of August. Wish me luck.

20230811_083815.jpg

Last edited:
Back