Show us yer FSR's

Khane":p76yq1lz said:
ben p":p76yq1lz said:
Hi Guys, I've just pulled my old Grabber Green (199:cool: FSR Extreme out of the shed, I've owned it since new and I want to do a few changed to update it a bit.

Thinking of changing tyres, what size can I get away with on the rear as it looks tight!

Also I will mainly be using it for trails, general jumps and messing about (No serious DH), would it be a silly idea to think about using something like a 2.4 front and a 2.2/2.3 rear if one would fit?

thanks,
Ben.

2.2 is about the limit without rubbing on the chainstays for the rear.
2.4 upfront should be fine as long as the fork has enough clearance.

Myself I use a 2.3 upfront and a 2.1 rear.

Thanks for that @Khane
It still has the OE RS Judy XL forks? Think it may be doable?

Re:

Does a 2004 fsr xc fit into this category?? Almost the same bike as a 2002 stumpjumper fsr. Sorry if I have posted incorrectly, just joined the site.

Attachments

• 20140705_185302.jpg
    20140705_185302.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,916
Can someone confirm any more details of this? Understand its a 1998 Rockhopper FSR but other than that I know nothing (haven't even unwrapped it properly since buying a few weeks ago, no time!!)

Excuse the terrible photo

I'm very excited about builing it up though...

STOLEN
Help guys please keep your eyes peeled for a yellow FSR comp stolen from my shed along with a blue kona Cindercone. If you see anything on fleabay, pink bike, Gumtree etc please let me know. The FSR is featured earlier in this topic on page 66. Bike had a mishmash of parts. Hayes disc brakes, rp3 shock, betd link, hope pro2 front hub, Rockshox revelation coil forks, specialized seat pin, spd's, also a custom home made triple cree front light. Stolen from Yorkshire. Cheers

New Purchase

Hi. I am new to this page having just picked up a 1999 FSR Comp on Sunday. I've still got my 2000 Rockhopper A1 FS, but I saw this whilst looking for a bike for a mate and my 17 year old self would have shot me if I hadn't bought it.
Comes with Marzocchi Bombers, Hope hydraulic disk on the front and also a carbon railed Selle Italia seat but also some very serviceable original parts.
I've been playing around with it a but but am yet to blast it anywhere properly. Feels great so far, although back end could do with being a bit stiffer as I am a bit of a large chap!It's currently running Tioga Factory Downhill 2.3 front and rear btw and seems to cope fine; lots of space for chains tats and mud!

Powder Coating

Anyone got any ideas how much a frame and fork power coat would cost for a 1999 fsr comp?
Cheers.

Re: Powder Coating

BGR1978":1375ejtx said:
Anyone got any ideas how much a frame and fork power coat would cost for a 1999 fsr comp?
Cheers.
I'm in Devon, last time I got it done was around forty including vat. However I then needed to re thread the bb shell as they did a poor job masking it. I know another chap who used them and they did a frankly awful job so I think they are cheap for a reason.

I know someone who just got an old Saracen done (frame forks bottle cage and stem) and that was £100

Back