Show us yer FSR's

Be aware you may have to buy a full bike or frame just to get that 1 part.
I've had to do it a few times now. :/

Thanks guys. Did a quick look on eBay for "Mountain speed" and nothing. They do have a website but, it is virtually dead. Looks like I may be conning some milling machine time from a friend of mine that has one.

Besides multiple shock mounting points, any other ideas to incorporate?

If I do come up with something worthwhile, would anyone be interested?

Just picked up a FOX Float RL off of Pinkbike. Should get it in a few days. Should be a good improvement over the leaking stock Rockshox Deluxe.

Now to get a pump.

Giggity":11onur8y said:
Just picked up a FOX Float RL off of Pinkbike. Should get it in a few days. Should be a good improvement over the leaking stock Rockshox Deluxe.

Now to get a pump.

And some mounting hardware

No problem there. I have plenty of 6061 aluminum and a lathe.

Curious......What does FSR stand for? As far as what Specialized says it stands for. I'm sure all kinds of things can, and have been, made up.

Attachments

• p4pb10954065.jpg
    p4pb10954065.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,743
Re:

Made a few changes to the old anal intruder in the last little while. New 20mm wheel built to accommodate the NOS Super T Pros from the year 2001. 150mm of travel makes the front end pretty slack so at some stage may look at a longer stroke rear shock. And apologies for the giant spacer stack, not cutting the steerer just yet.

Attachments

• DSC_0263.JPG
    DSC_0263.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,720
  • DSC_0262.JPG
    DSC_0262.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,720
Re:

Here are the wife's and mine.

Mine is a 97 Ground Control (always thought it was a 96 until did serial number checks after my 2000 FSR Team DH was stolen). Bought it new in late 1996 from Sid's in NYC. It's all original (including the like 2 inch travel Judy) except for the Nuke Proof stem, Mountain Speed sealed bearing/Fox shock upgrade and XTR hubs. Came in 8th on it at the Winter Snowman Downhill at Plattekill in 2000. Still my daily trail bike. 18 years and the frame creaking hasn't driven me crazy yet.

Wife's is a 98 Comp, not so much original. Bought it new from Sid's as well, then converted it for her to ride DH when we bought her Stumpjumper FSR in 2001. Mountain Speed extended travel kit and sealed bearings. Boxxer fork. Avid disk brakes. All the usual.

Attachments

• GroundControlFSR.jpg
    GroundControlFSR.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,707
  • FSR_Comp_DH.jpg
    FSR_Comp_DH.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,707
Back