Show us yer FSR's

Re: New Bushes for 1999 FSR COMP

Hi,
Does anyone know which bearing set I will need to replace the worn ones on my 1999 FSR Comp please?
I have looked on Ebay etc and spoken to some other bikers but allegedly they are rather hard to find. Does anyone have an aftermarket suggestion?
Cheers in advance.

Re:

For bearing upgrades, check my signature thread link. Due to be updated as I've just finished my bearing upgrade.

BETD for needle bearing kits.

If you want nylon bushes, check further on in the thread in my sig. There's a link to a company that can do any size top hat washer pretty much.

Re: bushes

Hi,
Yeah I meant the nylon ones. Whereabouts did you get them from please?
And thanks for the link to your thread.
Rob.

Re:

Finally got my new bike after the worst shipping nightmare, and after many hours of work, got my Marzocchi Bombers z3 installed on it... Feels like a smooth ride!

The weird thing about this model is that is seems to be a demo model. It says "VIP Test Bike". Anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• 10897964_10153246626974313_1374625315918574448_n.jpg
    10897964_10153246626974313_1374625315918574448_n.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 2,340
nice - not sure on the VIP test bike bit - doesnt ook any different from other GC FSRs ive seen. someone may have just been alitle creative me thinks... ;)

got my 99 FSR all geared up last night (pic was before this happened ;) ) - sorted a weeping valve in my zoochies, but they seem a little 'sticky' when compressed....

taking it for test run tonight :) :p

Attachments

• WP_20150412_049 (800x449).jpg
    WP_20150412_049 (800x449).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2,330
Re:

This thread is awesome! I hope there are still some FSR enthusiasts interested in it. I spent several hours the last couple days skimming through all 107 pages and am stoked that other people like these bikes as much as I am coming to.

I got a good deal on this frame about a week ago:

I have already built it up and ridden about 25 miles of single track on it:

It is definitely still a work in progress, since taking the photo above a couple days ago I have already changed up the cockpit some, with a slightly longer stem and narrower bars. I also found a good deal on an older 6.5"x1.5" Fox Float shock which came in the mail today. Now I need to figure out a way to mount it. I may need to order some bushings from BETD, which will probably be somewhat costly considering they are expensive to begin with and will need to be shipped to the U.S.. I quickly discovered that there are issues with the front derailleur set up, so I think I am just going to run mine as a 1x9 (currently using the F.D. as a chain guide).

So far all the pivots on my bike seem to be in good shape, I haven't taken them apart but they don't feel sloppy at all and don't make any noise. I've just tried to drip some lube in them from the outside. When I removed the rear shock all the pivots seemed to move smoothly and freely. Who knows, maybe they have been serviced at some point. The old shock is actually working well too, so at least I can ride the bike until I get the air shock sorted out.

Unlike many of the builds I've seen on here that have been more focused toward downhill riding, I am planning to keep this bike set up so that it climbs and descends equally well. I'll probably keep the stock rear linkage and either keep my fork at 100mm or 110mm. The fork is currently set at 100mm, but I think the 6.5 shock might steepen the head-tube slightly because the stock one is 6.25. Because of that I may remove one spacer in the fork to counteract the angle change due to the shock.

KenKlejs":3fkrmqwe said:
Man, I envy the green model so much :(

I have a Green FSR Extreme that i am moving (Selling) on (Frame & Forks, Front & Rear Mech, Bars, Stem, Seatpost, BB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 2,171
Back