Show us what you did today, thread

Castles made of sand..

Looks great; if a little more crumbly than last I was over that side.

Mostly misty here in Sneckie; but the day is young.

Much the same down here, Kinross, yesterday, misty AM sunny and warm PM.
Today round Loch Leven with Keith. Shona and their hound. No sun here today but the cloudbase did rise from roof level to high enough to see across loch to Lomonds from my bit.
Yer right, it is a bit quiet in here. Will need to try to post more. You at least take pics to illustrate a ride, me, I don't seem to stop to take pics any more, so less point of posting up a ride.

Hi all, getting pretty slow in postings in Macretro land.

Not really had a lot to post about tbh.

Sharron's dad passed away last month after being seriously ill since xmas. For the first six months of the year she was away in Glasgow 2-3 nights a week, leaving me a single parent most of the time. Very little chance of riding but my bass guitar playing has came on really quickly. At the start of July, Sharron tripped on a kerb and shattered her wrist. Emergency op to wire it back together and plate it. Still struggling with it now and not back driving yet.

Had a few things planned that I did manage to get to. Fun guiding day in Aviemore followed by a morning at Laggan on the way home and the Enjoyro Evo enduro race, which i did with Keith. I say "did", when what actually happened was, I was blowing out my arse by the time I reached the top of the first stage, which actually went pretty well. Almost caught Keith who had a 30 second start on me. Stages two and three were much steeper and more technical and I just hadn't had enough time on the enduro bike. Came off 3-4 times on those stages and had absolutely no confidence or commitment. Was at a real physical and emotional low. Binned the day after that, leaving Keith to finish the event in the company of my mate and his wife.

A bit fed up of bikes after that, so I did the only sensible thing and bought another one. 🤣🤣🤣
A short travel XC full suss which is a lot lighter and doesn't need big downhill trails to be fun. Been getting out a bit more, although now that Logan has started school and I'm the only driver, I can't get very far from home for now. Today was a nice 30 miles out past the cliffs at Arbroath. Summer nettles dying down and last winters storm damage all cleared, so may be time for a Clubbytrail's meet before winter draws in.

IMG_9523.jpg IMG_9596.jpeg IMG_9597.jpeg IMG_9599.jpeg IMG_9600.jpeg

sorry to hear you’ve both had such a rough year but onward and upward, things only get better from here.
And wow! Where did that young man come from? It doesn’t seem that long ago we went on your ride where we left from your place and he was just a new little baby!
Great family photo.
A Clubby ride sounds good!

Jamie

Out last weekend with Brian for a ride through the Black Isle from Dingwall to one of the Garden Centres for a cracking lunch and some cake.
Always a good reason for a ride.
Brian was on his Voodoo with Alfine and drop bars while I was on my ever reliable Long Haul Trucker. Nice weather if just a bit cooler than has been lately. Sticking to back roads and cycle paths were we could with the start few miles being around the shoreline on singletrack and dirt walking tracks.
Good to be out after the rubbish weather up here the last month and also good to have lunch and cake for young Brians recent birthday.
Hope everyone else is doing fine and getting the odd ride in.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back